Next safari

If you want to hunt somewhere new I’d look into eastern cape South Africa. I like the terrain and hunting style there. However, I think it’s difficult to beat Namibia.
 
I can vouch for South Africa; it's is a good place to hunt with family. I met a man and his three kids during my last hunt and was surprised that he takes them all every year. I've only hunted in RSA and can't comment on the other countries, but I know RSA isn't the only safe place to hunt on the continent.
 
Botswana with Tholo. You will see an amazing range of animals including rhinos. Best kudu hunting I have had (I have been on 15 hunts with 11 having kudu).
 
I suspect this will be repeated. I hunted Namibia my first and second time.. For the third I went to the Eastern Cape of RSA. Terrain is totally different, and species not found there like Nyala and bushbuck were on my list. No shortage of good operators with a variety of game. I worked with @KMG Hunting Safaris and had a great trip. I also added a road trip down to Cape Town with stops in Addo National Park and some of the wine country. So outside of the hunting there is a variety of possibilities if you want.
Cheers
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the thoughts, gentlemen. Unfortunately, the Kudo had other plans. I did replace him with a trophy waterbuck. Kudu and/or Sable are my two choices for the next hunt. But this trip is more about a good family experience for our kids.
 
RSA lodges offer incredible service and amenities that will cater to non-hunters as much as those heading into the bush. My wife and I have always enjoyed our time there.
 
Botswana with Tholo. You will see an amazing range of animals including rhinos. Best kudu hunting I have had (I have been on 15 hunts with 11 having kudu).
I have never heard of Tholo…. I will look it up.
 
Is Travel to Botswana safe for a 21-year-old girl and an eight-year-old boy?
Yep, very safe country for travel, probably more so than many others. I imagine the tourist traffic into the Okavango has a lot to do with that and the government is protective of that resource and overall safety for bringing in folks
 
Botswana is safe. Tholo is awesome. Or go to the eastern cape of South Africa and hunt with Crusader or Mike Murray at African Field Sports
 
Depends how wild you want.

Thor Kirchner in Zambia would have what you're looking for and great family setup

Tholo definitely ticks the box aswell!
 
would be very happy to help you sir
i have sent you a dm too

feel free to contact me with any queries

it os an absolute passion of ours at Tallyho to get kids hunting, we just hosted a family group a few weeks ago with 2 kids getting there first ever animals with us
always a privilege to get kids learning about gun safety and then into the field hunting

regards
 
would be very happy to help you sir
i have sent you a dm too

feel free to contact me with any queries

it os an absolute passion of ours at Tallyho to get kids hunting, we just hosted a family group a few weeks ago with 2 kids getting there first ever animals with us
always a privilege to get kids learning about gun safety and then into the field hunting

regards
You will love the area these guys are in. Different experience from your first trip and they come highly recommended. Great variety of high quality plains game as well as buffalo if that's on your list.

They are in close proximity to Kruger Park as well. That's a great place to take the family. I'm sure they could help with something like that as well.
 
You are welcome to talk with me regarding this trip @Mtelksports and @BigSky2212 did a family trip with us, as well as @roverandbrew had his daughter with this year. We focus on family safaris in South Africa.

My personal best
 
Would like to also send you some proposals please....26 years we have been hosting numerous families with almost all of them returning...I finished another Family Safari past Sunday, their 5th Safari as a family with us....the week before, Chris and Family spent another safari with us, their 4th, with the first 2 as only a dating couple, then as honeymoon couple, and now as a family with their 6 and 11 yr old!
 
Greetings. I have hunted Namibia and loved it. My buddy and I would like to come back for another Safari in 2027 and bring our kids with us. His Eight year-old boy and my 21-year-old daughter. Any recommendations on another country to hunt mainly planes game and have a safe family experience.?

@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has several properties in South Africa that would suit your family's needs. Which property to choose depends a bit on what your preference for animals would be. Jacques has worked with a number of kids thru the years including my then 8 year. Please let me know of any questions you have, my contact information is in my signature. While I'm in Africa at the moment, I will be back in Arizona in a few days.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,795
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top