Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
Would I need to put the Kalhes on a Ruger no.1 450/400?

Rule 303

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe & Namibia
I am glad I found this thread. I need to get another reflex sight someone borrowed my "spare", not only did he not return it, I find someone else now owns the rifle and the reflex sight!

My wife has used both the trijicon and the aimpoint micro 2. She shoots both equally well. No problems on either. I prefer the leupold delta only because you do not need to remove sight from base to replace battery (as with the aimpoint). I will look at the Kahles when we come to the states in September!

Thanks for the info! Oh, I personally like the 2 moa dot, she does to!

Just noticed this. What Aimpoint do you need to remove to replace the battery in? I have 3 different Aimpoints and can easily change the battery while they are on the rifle.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
@Philip Glass , wanted to tag in on this discussion.
Looking for a reflex for the 416RM barrel on the R8 and there are a few in the running.

In the lead for consideration is a Trijicon SRO (same mount as the RMR) in a Trijicon RM60 mount.
SRO has a larger sight picture, however doesn't look like it's quite as durable as the RMR.
It also looks like the RM60 mount fits the Blaser R8 pattern and is also quick detach.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this (or any) combination of Trijicon & Blaser.
Any other reflex/mount combinations recommendations for DG calibers would be helpful as well.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
There are many options but I am not a fan for the .416 you are setting up. I would rather go with a scope that goes down to 1X or 2X. To me the reflex sight is for 25-75 yard shooting. I would much prefer my .416 to be a 200 yard gun just in case I need it to be. I am remiss in not posting pics of my R8 and my Kgun with the Kahles red dot sight but both are fantastic. I have the Kahles red dot on the .470 and although I've not hunting with it yet I can say it is neat and does not detract from the beauty of my double rifle. It makes my double rifle a 100 yard gun hence the reason I've added it.
If you have to buy a red dot I would recommend the Kahles. It has Swaro glass, is small, and can remove the battery without dismounting.
Regards,
Philip

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
My plan is to hunt with the 416 at ranges under 100 yards...at least that's the plan.
I was going to try it out with the stock irons and see how I do with that before I took the plunge.
We all know that nothing in Africa goes exactly to plan, so having a low power scope may be in the cards.
Just kicking the tires.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I would like to add a fellow Zimbabwe PH Lou Hallimore had a Trijicon installed on his box lock english .470 and he loves it. I do not use them on my doubles, but I do have one on my CZ.404J and I think it is great. I am using a Kahles, I will replace my wifes trijicon with a Kahles. Some of the things that I like about the Kahles are the positive clicks of elevation and L&R. The biggest plus is the ability to easily change batteries without having to removing from the base. On the down side I do not like the fact that they use a hollow head (allen wrench) to adjust. If you do not have one in that size with you, your screwed. Also for some reason it disturbs me that a Kahles product is made in Japan?

Nothing wrong with aimpoint, but that said I have two for sale!

Dwight Beagle

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US, Mexico and Argentina
The sight on the turkey gun doesn't get near the use that the pistol does, but it does double duty as my primary home defense weapon.
Both are 3 MOA dots and work well in their intended roles.

My turkey shotgun does double duty for HD also. Wanted to try a Venom but none were to be had at the time so I bought a FastFire III.
5FC25FAF-CD20-4201-863E-410A4EB44CAA.jpeg

Newby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, North America, UK, Central Asia
@Philip Glass , wanted to tag in on this discussion.
Looking for a reflex for the 416RM barrel on the R8 and there are a few in the running.

In the lead for consideration is a Trijicon SRO (same mount as the RMR) in a Trijicon RM60 mount.
SRO has a larger sight picture, however doesn't look like it's quite as durable as the RMR.
It also looks like the RM60 mount fits the Blaser R8 pattern and is also quick detach.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this (or any) combination of Trijicon & Blaser.
Any other reflex/mount combinations recommendations for DG calibers would be helpful as well.

Not sure about Trujicon, but this bloke can supply a range of Blaser friendly mounts for various non scope sights.

https://www.titanium-gunworks.de

Easy to deal with. Good service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaiwanquan1

Latest profile posts

Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not