Dukeisok

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Introducing myself as a new member. I live in Central North Carolina. Never been to Africa but came to hunting as an adult. I love hunting and teaching my kids to hunt.

I've been reading everything I can find on Africa for years. I hope to make a trip in the next couple of years but have to convince the wife.

In terms of firearms, I'm a bit of a collector (my wife would say accumulator) and a reloader but my current stable of African appropriate weapons includes win model 70 in 375h&h, a kimber talkeetna in 375h&h, and a cz550 in 416 rigby, because you never know when an errant cape buffalo will walk through my back yard in North Carolina and because I always wanted one after reading Horn of the Hunter and Jack O'Conner. When cz stopped making them I jumped on the first one I could find. On a lighter note, the largest zoo in North America is a few miles away and if things get really bad with covid I can always feed my family...

Welcome to AH! It’s all good on those big calibers there in NC. I just took a black bear near Belhaven, NC with a big bore. And my hunting buddy took one with his .375.

Welcome to AH! It’s all good on those big calibers there in NC. I just took a black bear near Belhaven, NC with a big bore. And my hunting buddy took one with his .375.
I hunted the 375 and my son killed his black bear in swan quarter with a 45-70. I haven't taken a deer with a large bore yet but will soon if lucky.

Giday Dukeisok and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to a fellow North Carolinian. While I live in Asheville, I’m in W-S all the time visitIng my daughter, SIL, and granddaughters.

i’m in the process of building a 9.3x62 and a .338-06.

Welcome to AH!

I have been to that zoo while I was in NC back in the early 90’s-it would make for fine hunting :p. Glad to have you aboard, hope one of those .375’s makes it to Africa someday soon!

Hello Dukeisok,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth .

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard!

Morning and welcome to AH.

Welcome to a fellow North Carolinian. While I live in Asheville, I’m in W-S all the time visitIng my daughter, SIL, and granddaughters.

i’m in the process of building a 9.3x62 and a .338-06.
My address is Winston-Salem but I live in davidson county, the better to set up a shooting range off my back deck. I'd love to find a place around Weaverville for weekends though.

I've never had any rifle that wasn't off the shelf. Sounds like two lovely choices though.

My address is Winston-Salem but I live in davidson county, the better to set up a shooting range off my back deck. I'd love to find a place around Weaverville for weekends though.

I've never had any rifle that wasn't off the shelf. Sounds like two lovely choices though.
My daughter teaches at Wallburg Elementary and is after us to move to Davidson County. We are seriously considering it as real estate prices in Buncombe have gone as crazy as the politics.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Dukeisok!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DulcieSchi

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair