New member in NC

BB416

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA, Zim
Hello all. I have been lurking on this wonderful site for several months. Thought I should make a formal introduction.
I live in central NC. I am mostly a bird hunter and enjoy side by side shotguns.
First trip to Africa was summer 2017. Hunted the Karoo region. Trophies included zebra, steenbok, duiker, springbok, impala, gemsbok, waterbuck and kudu (and quail).
I have a Mannlicher-Schoenaur 1956 MC in .270 with Kahles 3x9 glass. This is what I brought to SA (along with a Parker VH 12 gauge shot gun).
I hope to hunt Zimbabwe next summer with my son, who will be graduating from college.
I have a .416 Rigby with a 1.2-5 Docter scope and a new to me Winchester model 70 (1939) in 300 H&H with Zeiss Conquest 3-9 glass that I hope to bring.
I have recently started hand loading and am currently working up loads for 300 H&H.
Keep up all the good work everyone!
Brian

Welcome to AH Brian! Glad to have you on the posting side. Please post a hunt report and share your journey in Africa with us.

Welcome aboardBB416. Your association with AH is going to feel like an old pair of slippers. I hunted Africa in 2016 with both of my boys. It will be an unforgettable experience for both of you. Your three rifle battery and shotgun are all you need. Be sure to take your son out to a range as often as possible and get him shooting off sticks. I have an old Mod. 70 as well (1936) but some clown had it re -chambered into a 300 Weatherby Mag. I'd sooner have yours.:)

Welcome aboard from a fellow Tarheel!

Welcome, .416 Rigby And 300 H&H, both classic calibers.

Welcome @BB416 !

I'm just down the road from you in Greensboro. I'll be adding some pheasant and chukar to the hunt club this year so feel free to shoot me a message.

BB416 welcome to the forum!

Hello all. I have been lurking on this wonderful site for several months. Thought I should make a formal introduction.
I live in central NC. I am mostly a bird hunter and enjoy side by side shotguns.
First trip to Africa was summer 2017. Hunted the Karoo region. Trophies included zebra, steenbok, duiker, springbok, impala, gemsbok, waterbuck and kudu (and quail).
I have a Mannlicher-Schoenaur 1956 MC in .270 with Kahles 3x9 glass. This is what I brought to SA (along with a Parker VH 12 gauge shot gun).
I hope to hunt Zimbabwe next summer with my son, who will be graduating from college.
I have a .416 Rigby with a 1.2-5 Docter scope and a new to me Winchester model 70 (1939) in 300 H&H with Zeiss Conquest 3-9 glass that I hope to bring.
I have recently started hand loading and am currently working up loads for 300 H&H.
Keep up all the good work everyone!
Brian
Welcome Brian!

Welcome to the posting side.

Hunt report????

Welcome to AH, Brian !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the posting side of AH

Welcome Brian. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome to our forum BB. IMO the .416 Rigby and .300 H&H are just another way of spelling Africa. I have both along with other classic African calibers. We were just born too damn late!

Welcome to AH Brian! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome to AH Brian! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg