New guy here, from IL

Iloutdoorsman

AH member
Joined
Sep 22, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
14
Hey guys. Found this website while looking for a 404 Jeffery. If anybody has one for sale let me know. ;) if i can find one ill end up with a 416 rem, but just love the 404 history and having something a little different.
Planning a safari to Zimbabwe next year. Joined the group because it looks like a vast wealth of information and experience.
May have questions as time goes. Im 1 in a group of 5 going to Zim for dangerous and plains game. I hunt and shoot alot but this will be my 1st trip to Africa. Sold my Gto to pay for trip and quite honestly i cant wait. Hoping it will be the trip of a lifetime and a chance to go with friends makes it that much better.
 
Welcome to AH Iloutdoorsman! Congratulations on booking your first African hunting safari! Who will you be hunting with, where in Zimbabwe, 1x1 or 2x1 and what are you after?
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome aboard, history aside, the 416 rem is has a much better selection of bullets available as well as loaded ammo. the 404 is pretty limited. you could split the difference and get the .416 Rigby, lots of history there and available ammo.
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Thanks guys.. in our group of 5 we will be hunting elephant, hippo and cape buffalo. As well as various plains game. For me im specifically going for cape buffalo and kudu. We will all be 1x1 with our ph's.. Final phone call tomorrow with 1 of the 2 outfits we were looking at. Kinda up to the group who we decide on. Will let ya know..
 
Welcome to AH from a Chicago native now residing in Ludifisk Land
 
Nice to have you.
 
Welcome to AH! I hope your GTO didn't look like this one.....

image.jpeg
 
Welcome!
 
Welcome, sorry about the car! Couldn't find a buyer for your spare body parts? Sweet GTO!
Good luck,
Cody
 
Welcome to AH. Good luck with the 404.
 
Not sure I'd have parted with the GTO, Wife,Kids maybe but pristine GTOs are difficult to come by;)Are you a North or South Sider
 
Not sure I'd have parted with the GTO, Wife,Kids maybe but pristine GTOs are difficult to come by;)Are you a North or South Sider

It was tough to do but while tough to find they are out there. A hunt in Africa with friends is quite tough to find also.. ;-)

And haha.. North or South.. Well, not to bash the north but thank goodness.. I'm from the South. Not too far from Stl really but on the Il side of river.. Far Far away from Cook County.
 
Welcome to the group. Don't look back on your decision. Rather look forward to the hunt and the memories you will make.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,029
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top