New guy from TX

Hello all. I'm Dave.

My wife and I are in the initial phase of planning our first hunting safari in Africa. We've done a couple of safari tours in Kenya and Tanzania previously but have never hunted on the continent before. We're looking forward to it. Hoping to learn a lot here before we make the trip.

We're not really sure yet where we will go, or who we will hunt with (again, we're just starting to plan), but we seem to be leaning toward either South Africa or Namibia right now. We're also undecided if we will do a plains game hunt, or dive in deep and go for cape buffalo. Hopefully we will start making some final decisions soon and start preparing.

Welcome Dave,

I'm fairly new to the site, but it was a great help and I ended up booking for June 2017 in Namibia. There are so many outfitters to choose from. This site has a "plethora" of information. My recommendation is to read through hunt reports on the various operations in the countries you're interested, then contact those people directly. Also, if you're an archer like myself, know that you cannot hunt the BIG 5 in Namibia with a bow. Good luck and happy hunting!

WK

@reedy0312 you are supposed working not cruising the forum.
Not all of us get to "work" at hunting. Actually I am jealous of you guys with internet all the time. Best I don't, have to get something done from 8 to 5. By the way, welcome to the site, Dave. See you at the next AH get together at DSC?

Welcome to AH!

Dave, welcome to AH, plenty of great knowledge on the forum. And not to be out done by my buddy @spike.t , you could also look to the East of Africa, Mozambique.

Welcome to AH Dave!

Welcome Dave, since you are in Dallas, you need to camp out at DSC in January! What a hoot it is! And don't forget for you and the wife to show up at the AH dinner on Saturday night to put faces on some of the names you will know by then! Short of death, Phoenix Phil and I will be sure there is one!!!

Welcome to AH, Dave!

Welcome to AH! Let us know if you have any questions...(y) Planning is half the fun!

Welcome! Can't have too many Daves.

Dave
375 Ruger Fan

Welcome to AH Dave.
You have certainly picked the correct site to plan your Safari. :P Elmer Fudd:

See you at the next AH get together at DSC?

I will absolutely be there...

(My wife works for Omni by the way.. anyone staying there during DSC, let me know.. I've got a solid hook up :) )...

I will absolutely be there...

(My wife works for Omni by the way.. anyone staying there during DSC, let me know.. I've got a solid hook up :) )...

think you will have lots of new friends all of a sudden by next jan.....;):E Big Grin:

Welcome to the forum sir, you are in the right place!

Welcome Dave! You'll find there's quite a few Texas boys that hang around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg