New Guy From California

Hatchet Jack

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
41
Greetings AH,

New guy from San Diego here. Grew up in Pennsylvania and hunted for as long as I can remember. Have really enjoyed this site so far!

I pick up my first .375 H&H tomorrow. Ruger M77 circa 1997. Can't wait to get to the range and get familiar with the rifle.

I retired from the USMC 3 years ago and have been working as a contractor since then. Always saving up for the safari fund...hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to go back to Africa.

-Scott
 
Welcome to AH Scott! Thank you for your service and glad to have you join us.
 
Welcome to AH
 
Glad you are enjoying AH.
Welcome.
Enjoy your planning.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Greetings AH,

New guy from San Diego here. Grew up in Pennsylvania and hunted for as long as I can remember. Have really enjoyed this site so far!

I pick up my first .375 H&H tomorrow. Ruger M77 circa 1997. Can't wait to get to the range and get familiar with the rifle.

I retired from the USMC 3 years ago and have been working as a contractor since then. Always saving up for the safari fund...hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to go back to Africa.

-Scott
Welcome to the AH and congratulations with your .375!! Great caliber, hope it gets to do some work soon!!!
 
Welcome to AH. Thank you for your service and good luck with your new .375!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome aboard Hatchet Jack. BTW isn't that the guy "Jeramiah Johnson" got his 50 caliber Hawken from? Thank you for your service. We have a lot of Ex GI(s) in the group. Will you be shooting factory ammo, or do you plan on loading your own? ALL of the information you need to plan your trip is available on AH. Use the "SEARCH function to look up old posts / threads dealing with subjects of interest to you. You will be expected to shoot off "sticks" they can be homemade or purchased which ever you prefer. Begin your "stick" practice with a 22 or 17 HMR. Let us know how your new toy did at the range.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,400
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top