New guy from Arkansas

Jam487s

New member
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Location
Pea Ridge Arkansas
New to AH. Just looking to learn about what it really takes to go on Safari before I ever book one. The do’s and dont’s. Correct gun size for certain animals ect. Want it to be a trip of a lifetime. Just trying to be as knowledgeable and prepared as one can be never having been on a hunt in Africa.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome, you’ve come to the right spot!
 
Your part of the state is stunningly beautiful… my wife and I have been looking at potential retirement properties in NW AR… our youngest is a razorback… visiting her a few times a year, we’ve started to really love that part of the country…

Welcome!
 
Your part of the state is stunningly beautiful… my wife and I have been looking at potential retirement properties in NW AR… our youngest is a razorback… visiting her a few times a year, we’ve started to really love that part of the country…

Welcome!
It’s a great place. My son played basketball for one year for the Razorbacks. Pea Ridge is exploding. The whole area is really. My wife is a loan officer in Bentonville if you need a loan and is connected with alot of the realtors in the area
 
Welcome to AH Jam487s!
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!
 
New to AH. Just looking to learn about what it really takes to go on Safari before I ever book one. The do’s and dont’s. Correct gun size for certain animals ect. Want it to be a trip of a lifetime. Just trying to be as knowledgeable and prepared as one can be never having been on a hunt in Africa.
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH! After living in Little Rock for the past 35 years, I just moved to Virginia last week where I'm living on my sailboat trying to figure out where I'm going to go when I retire in a few months. I still consider both Louisiana & Arkansas "home" since I spent half my life in both places.

The other Arkansans I have met personally since joining this forum are @Mnovak & @Buckums who have both been to Africa & have posted trip reports that are worth a read. I will always be impressed with Mike's taking of a cape buffalo with a bow since I would be nervous hunting one with a rifle. When he told me what he had done, my first thought was "I have never considered that as a viable option before...". :eek:
 
Welcome aboard, you came to the right place, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Good luck and good hunting!

John Ed
 
Good luck with Safari plans. South Africa is probably the easiest and most affordable. A great place to start. I have hunted Limpopo twice and Free State once and liked Limpopo better. Planning on Namibia next time only because my PH in Limpopo has a new concession there that sounds great. My advice is to take two of your own rifles. It is easy. One should be a 375HH or larger if you plan to hunt DG or the larger PG critters. The other can be any deer rifle such as 308 or 30-06. Use heavy for caliber bullets and stick to bonded core or monolithic copper Barnes type and you will have a grand time. If you have questions, PM me.
 
Welcome. woooo pig!
Thank you
Good luck with Safari plans. South Africa is probably the easiest and most affordable. A great place to start. I have hunted Limpopo twice and Free State once and liked Limpopo better. Planning on Namibia next time only because my PH in Limpopo has a new concession there that sounds great. My advice is to take two of your own rifles. It is easy. One should be a 375HH or larger if you plan to hunt DG or the larger PG critters. The other can be any deer rifle such as 308 or 30-06. Use heavy for caliber bullets and stick to bonded core or monolithic copper Barnes type and you will have a grand time. If you have questions, PM me.
Thank you. I have a lot of question so I will definitely be in touch.
 
Welcome, lots of good info on AH. I’m a University of Ark grad and my mom still lives in NLR, get down there a couple of times each year to visit
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,798
Members
169,022
Latest member
MichelSeri
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top