New guy from Alaska

Akhutr

Reaction score
Media
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for awhile and figured I'd join.
Hunt mostly in AK. Over 40 years hunting, (mostly rifle, some handgun and bow) reloading and bullet digging.
Also love going camping in quiet places.
I find this forum quite interesting.

Thanks

Welcome and enjoy AH.

Welcome aboard. Do you have any thoughts of or plans for hunting in Africa? Do you live in AK? If so, where? You may already know some AH members and or have the chance to meet them. What rifles do you own? What animals have you hunted? What are your favorites?

Welcome to AH! Hope to see you hunting in Africa soon

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome :S Welcome:

Welcome to AH Akhutr!

Welcome akhutr. I live in AK and there are quite a few other members who do. Enjoy the site, there is a treasure trove of information here.

Mike

Welcome to the posting side!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard. Do you have any thoughts of or plans for hunting in Africa? Do you live in AK? If so, where? You may already know some AH members and or have the chance to meet them. What rifles do you own? What animals have you hunted? What are your favorites?

I've thought about hunting Africa but have not made it a priority at this point. I live in Anchorage most of my life. Came back after my stint with Uncle Sam. Hinted sheep, moose, bears, and caribou here. Pigs and deer in the SE US. My favorite all around rifle is a Rem 700 AWR in 300 RUM. But i also shoot and experiment with others. May have shot more game with the 338 WM than anything else but for the last 15 or so years I've grown quite fond of the 300 RUM with proper bullets. I've taken game with the 375 H&H and 45-70 in larger bores and some with the 270 - 7mm cartridges. I recently picked up a Ruger RSM 416 Rigby. Been enjoying it a lot. My third RSM however I was talked out of the previous 2 and let them go to friends, all are great shooting rifles. For the outdoor handguns I like the 44 and 454. My favorite hunting is probably caribou. I like the long stalks on lone or small groups of bulls. Bear hunting along the salmon streams in the fall can also be quite exciting.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to this great forum @Akhutr, you are in the right place!

Akhutr, thanks for sharing your background. You are going to fit right in with the folks on AH. I recently acquired a Ruger No. 1 in 416 Rigby. I'm looking forward to shooting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Al Gamecock

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you