New from Spain

Theleatherman

AH member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Spain, I've been a long time forum viewer, but I never decided to post anything until now.

I have hunted in South Africa in 2010, and I have been looking forward to return since then.

In the meantime, I am looking for some hunting in Europe for the spring-summer of 2023, although I have not searched much yet, I would appreciate if you could help me with which countries are the best to go, what wildlife can be hunted on those dates, what are the best prices for large groups, and what outfitters you recommend.

It would be for a family trip, we are six members, four hunters and two non-hunters, the ideal would be to hunt at least four animals, one animal each. But I would also like to go to a beautiful country where we can go tourism after the hunt so that non-hunters can also enjoy the trip.

Thanks in advance and greetings to all of you.

Welcome welcome welcome

Sounds like you should come to South africa
Would be great for this group and you will definately have agreat time

We often host groups of hunters and there wifes etc and always make sure all have a good time

Anything else feel free to ask

Giday Leatherman and welcome to the A H forums. I cant help with hunt country advice but there are plenhty here who will be able to.

Hi Theleatherman, welcome!
I don't understand why somebody living in a Country like Spain, full of all possible game, from roedeer to chamois and goats wants to hunt abroad. Nevertheless, I'll try to help you.
I hunted in Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Scotland, Slovenia and Slovakia (in alphabetic order).
France, next door for you, is famous for her beauties. However, I hunted in a remote Savoy village, far away from tourist attractions.
Scotland: my experience is limited to two small islands. Great places for stalking red deer, but the non hunters may fall in depression.
Czech Republic, Slovenia and Slovakia: see above.
The remaining country is Hungary, where Budapest (beautiful city) offers a plenty of of tourism places, not far from hunting grounds. Having said that, I must add that Hungarians, nice and hospitable people, will charge you for all possible reasons: you have to get an Hungarian insurance, you pay for every time you enter the hunting grounds a.s.o. They don't cheat you: everything is clearly written (not too small) in the catalogs. Another Hungarian peculiarity is the trophy pricing system. Trophies are not evaluated according to the CIC points but on the base of weight (roe, red and fallow) or length (boar and moufflon). The evaluation is preferred by the Hungarians because their deer have heavier trophies.
On the other hand, the system, besides being fast and simple (assessing the CIC value of moufflon trophy is a nightmare) enables both sides (hunting guest and estate or agent) too agree in advance a maximum price (tolerance +10%) for all game except boar, the tusks of which cannot be estimated as long as they in mouth of the natural owner.
Languages: in Central Europe the best known foreign language is German, closely followed by English.
In Hungary a surprising number of people has some knowledge of Italian, while French and Spanish are almost unknown.
I'll try to send you a PM with the price list of an Hungarian agent I hunted with.

Welcome to the posting side!! Looking forward to share the site and conversations with you!
My best always
Jaco
Hi, I'm from Spain, I've been a long time forum viewer, but I never decided to post anything until now.

I have hunted in South Africa in 2010, and I have been looking forward to return since then.

In the meantime, I am looking for some hunting in Europe for the spring-summer of 2023, although I have not searched much yet, I would appreciate if you could help me with which countries are the best to go, what wildlife can be hunted on those dates, what are the best prices for large groups, and what outfitters you recommend.

It would be for a family trip, we are six members, four hunters and two non-hunters, the ideal would be to hunt at least four animals, one animal each. But I would also like to go to a beautiful country where we can go tourism after the hunt so that non-hunters can also enjoy the trip.

Welcome to AH Theleatherman!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Hi Theleatherman, welcome!
I don't understand why somebody living in a Country like Spain, full of all possible game, from roedeer to chamois and goats wants to hunt abroad. Nevertheless, I'll try to help you.
I hunted in Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Scotland, Slovenia and Slovakia (in alphabetic order).
France, next door for you, is famous for her beauties. However, I hunted in a remote Savoy village, far away from tourist attractions.
Scotland: my experience is limited to two small islands. Great places for stalking red deer, but the non hunters may fall in depression.
Czech Republic, Slovenia and Slovakia: see above.
The remaining country is Hungary, where Budapest (beautiful city) offers a plenty of of tourism places, not far from hunting grounds. Having said that, I must add that Hungarians, nice and hospitable people, will charge you for all possible reasons: you have to get an Hungarian insurance, you pay for every time you enter the hunting grounds a.s.o. They don't cheat you: everything is clearly written (not too small) in the catalogs. Another Hungarian peculiarity is the trophy pricing system. Trophies are not evaluated according to the CIC points but on the base of weight (roe, red and fallow) or length (boar and moufflon). The evaluation is preferred by the Hungarians because their deer have heavier trophies.
On the other hand, the system, besides being fast and simple (assessing the CIC value of moufflon trophy is a nightmare) enables both sides (hunting guest and estate or agent) too agree in advance a maximum price (tolerance +10%) for all game except boar, the tusks of which cannot be estimated as long as they in mouth of the natural owner.
Languages: in Central Europe the best known foreign language is German, closely followed by English.
In Hungary a surprising number of people has some knowledge of Italian, while French and Spanish are almost unknown.
I'll try to send you a PM with the price list of an Hungarian agent I hunted with.
Thanks for the reply.

After Covid we wanted to prepare a trip for the whole family, and a hunting trip is the best excuse for that.

You have to take into account the dates, apart from roe deer and wild boar, are there any other big game animals that can be hunted in Europe in spring and summer?

Also, thank you all for the welcome

In spring nothing else. In August chamois in some places (e.g. Austria, rather expensive) and red deer in Scotland, although in velvet. However searching like that is not very productive. I suggest you concentrate on a list of interesting preys, matching it with your language skills.

Bienvenido !

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH! I will be sending you a PM (private message) shortly regarding European hunting destinations.

Hello Theleatherman,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome the leatherman. There is nowhere like Africa, you must come.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroLetc

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH