New from NC and going to Africa this Summer

Welcome to AH! I would encourage you to read up on doing a trip as much as you can. From passports to airline tix to rifle permits to taxidermy, there's a fair amount to learn and prepare for.

Reactions: DLG
Welcome to AH DLG! Enjoy the site.

Welcome and the best of luck on your upcoming safari. Every time I think I know it all something comes up that I haven't thought of and if I can't find the answer through searching here I will post the question and will have a multitude of replies in short order.
Please post a report on your return.

You're hunting in SA and visiting her in Botswana, correct? Or is she meeting you in SA and will she be joining you on the safari?

I used to live in Fayetteville, many years ago. Now I'm in Savannah, GA, Neighbor!
Interesting..I used to live in Savannah. Twice and still own a house there. Yes..hunting first in SA then travelling to Botswana. She will visit us a few days in SA yes.

Welcome from another Tar Heel in Pembroke!

Welcome DLG!
Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome to AH and the posting side DLG! Have fun planning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.