New Comer from the horizon!!!

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome! I am also an inexperienced hunter and I don't know if I will ever make it to Africa, but I have learned a lot here and I just bought my first Safari caliber rifle from the classifieds.
Do you mind telling me which one you bought! I believe you are located in louisana right? It's so bad the situation for hunting in Southern California there are not too many animals to hunt.

Winchester Model 70 Safari Express in 375 H&H Magnum. I am just north of New Orleans.
It's a beautiful rifle, I always wanted to have a 375 caliber but the recoil may be too strong for me. Have you tried it and what's the difference to compare with the 308 on recoil! I remember the 300 win is almost 2 times more recoil than the 308 don't even say the 3.75!!
Some one says the 375 is overkill in North America is it true?

It's a beautiful rifle, I always wanted to have a 375 caliber but the recoil may be too strong for me. Have you tried it and what's the difference to compare with the 308 on recoil! I remember the 300 win is almost 2 times more recoil than the 308 don't even say the 3.75!!
Some one says the 375 is overkill in North America is it true?
I have not received my 375 H&H yet, but from all I have read you'll know the gun has gone off when you pull the trigger, but it is not punishing or sharp. More of a hard push. It also depends on your tolerance for recoil, but most shooters can shoot the 375 H&H with competence (at least based on what I read). The 375 H&H has such versatility and be downloaded or uploaded to suit almost any hunting needs around the world. I am sure others will pitch in on that note.

I have not received my 375 H&H yet, but from all I have read you'll know the gun has gone off when you pull the trigger, but it is not punishing or sharp. More of a hard push. It also depends on your tolerance for recoil, but most shooters can shoot the 375 H&H with competence (at least based on what I read). The 375 H&H has such versatility and be downloaded or uploaded to suit almost any hunting needs around the world. I am sure others will pitch in on that note.
Sorry the late reply, it's a busy day today!
Thanks for the 375 hh inf! looks like if I have chance I may get one to try! Hope it's not too bad for me.

Hi, I'm so happy to become a member of the AH !! I'm from LA Ca , so excited just got my hunting license and try to sell my ddm4v7 ar to get my first hunting rifle. Hope, one day, I could be like everyone here who is experienced hunter can be together to hunt in Africa... it's my dreaming to be thee. But at this moment I need to train, practice and find my dreaming rifle first.
Thanks again to meet all of the pro hunters here!!
Welcome to AH

G'day and welcome,

I own a .375H&H, yes they say a slow push. Remember you are not shooting a match over a bench so it's not strings of 50 shots.

Yeah, it boots but it's kinda fun. , Haven't hunted so much with it, location and game etc but it's a lot of fun. Hunted with .308 and .300wm etc

Tons of experience d people here.

I don't think you overthink the recoil if you are standing and shooting on game.

I also don't think you will be worried about recoil if you are up close with big game.

Again, welcome

G'day and welcome,

I own a .375H&H, yes they say a slow push. Remember you are not shooting a match over a bench so it's not strings of 50 shots.

Yeah, it boots but it's kinda fun. , Haven't hunted so much with it, location and game etc but it's a lot of fun. Hunted with .308 and .300wm etc

Tons of experience d people here.

I don't think you overthink the recoil if you are standing and shooting on game.

I also don't think you will be worried about recoil if you are up close with big game.

Again, welcome
Thanks for the information about 375 I'm in the US probably I'll get the 308 first because you barely need the 375 in n America.
In the future I may try to get it if I'm going to AF .
THANKS

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg