Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
911.jpg

Benghazi.jpg

We’re watching the 9-11 ceremonies. The reading of the names not only brings tears to the eyes but increasing anger at the highjackers, the planners and all those who have done us harm.
That horrific September morning is forever etched in my mind.

Forget? No. Keep reliving it? No to that too. It happened. It was awful. It was a history changing day. It was also 20 years ago. Tragic and catastrophic events happen to all of us. Collectively and individually. I'm not of the opinion these things should dominate us decades later. I understand how much more meaningful it is for people that had friends and loved ones killed or maimed and I'm not insensitive to their loss and grief but life's too short to let one event define us forever. It's part of our collective consciousness but it's not the only thing and for most of us not even the most important thing. Again, never forget but it's time to move on.

Last edited:
Forget? No. Keep reliving it? No to that too. It happened. It was awful. It was a history changing day. It was also 20 years ago. Tragic and catastrophic events happen to all of us. Collectively and individually. I'm not of the opinion these things should dominate us decades later. I understand how much more meaningful it is for people that had friends and loved ones killed or maimed and I'm not insensitive to their loss and grief but life's too short to let one event define us forever. It's part of our collective consciousness but it's not the only thing and for most of us not even the most important thing. Again, never forget but it's time to move on.

From your post, I can only assume you are either not from the USA or too young to remember 9/11? Regardless, your comments are incredibly naïve, very insensitive, and idiotic.

Move on from what exactly? Move on from remembering that we have a foreign enemy that wants to eradicate the Western world that continues to this day? Or should we move on from honoring the 3000+ lives lost and their families who's lives will never be the same? This event DID redefine this country. The events of that day changed the world, and will affect every generation from now on. Anyone who does not realize that or understand it, is an idiot.

That day also unified this country in a way that sadly will never be repeated. It's comments like yours that are part of the reason for the culture we live in today in this country. If you are a kid or not a citizen, I suppose your insensitivity and naiveté can be forgiven. If not, you should be embarrassed by your post because you are an idiot!

Last edited:
I always pause on the anniversary, pray for the families of those that were lost on that horrific day, and remind myself to cherish my family and friends. Lastly, say a quiet thank you to the first responders and military that protect all of us each and every day.

From your post, I can only assume you are either not from the USA or too young to remember 9/11? Regardless, your comments are incredibly naïve, very insensitive, and idiotic.

Move on from what exactly? Move on from remembering that we have a foreign enemy that wants to eradicate the Western world that continues to this day? Or should we move on from honoring the 3000+ lives lost and their families who's lives will never be the same? This event DID redefine this country. The events of that day changed the world, and will affect every generation from now on. Anyone who does not realize that or understand it, is an idiot.

That day also unified this country in a way that sadly will never be repeated. It's comments like yours that are part of the reason for the culture we live in today in this country. If you are a kid or not a citizen, I suppose your insensitivity and naiveté can be forgiven. If not, you should be embarrassed by your post because you are an idiot!

@BSO Dave, I understand that this is a topic that people feel strongly about however please refrain from calling other members' name, this is a friendly community based on mutual respect. Thank you, Jerome

@BSO Dave, I understand that this is a topic that people feel strongly about however please refrain from calling other members' name, this is a friendly community based on mutual respect. Thank you, Jerome

Then his post should have been pulled.. You have to show respect to get respect Jerome. His post was extremely insensitive and disrespectful to an entire nation! Furthermore, I didn't call him an idiot. I said he could possibly be an idiot based on certain criteria.

That terrible day was America's holocaust. It should not be and never will be forgotten. Anyone who even thinks differently should be ashamed of themselves. They are too young, not an American citizen, or of a pursuation who wishes to destroy this great nation. A piece of advice: don't say what you so assininely posted to very many true Americans. It would not be healthy.

I think it is fair to say we can all remember this shocking day and where we were when it happened.
Sympathies to all the victims and their families, respect to the emergency services and others who helped victims and injured that day, obviously some quiet reflection and thoughts for those members of the emergency services who never returned to their own families.
A prayer for all.

I’m not an American, but like many I will never ever forget that horrible day. Just sitting alone that day in front of the television and watching that nightmare unfold was so unreal. I couldn’t get to sleep that night because every time I closed my eyes I kept having visions of those poor people who jumped fall to their deaths. Still brings tears to my eyes. My step kids are now 13 and 14 and I will make sure they understand what happened that day 20 years ago.

Im not an American but I am a Proud and Patriotic Brit. I was sat on a horse that day on guard at Horse Guards Whitehall (our Pentagon). When the guard commander came out and informed me of what happened I thought to myself that time I have trained for has come we are now at war and its my duty to defend my country.

A few weeks later I stood shoulder to shoulder with US forces in both Afghan then Iraq. Today I remember all those we have lost on that day and since that day and will lose due to trauma.

What I'm trying to say is you dont have to be American you just need to have an once of patriotism in your vanes thats all

On a lighter note its very uncomfortable having a pistol hiding in you cuarras (breastplate) on guard.

I am too young to remember that day, I was only four years old. I cannot imagine how scary it would have been watching the events unfold on TV, and not know the full extent of the attack, or where would be next.
I guess the only thing that would compare to that day would be the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Days like that took too many fine people, turned young boys into men, and exposed the hero in many ordinary people. Days like like that MUST be remembered, and remembered well.

Then his post should have been pulled.. You have to show respect to get respect Jerome. His post was extremely insensitive and disrespectful to an entire nation! Furthermore, I didn't call him an idiot. I said he could possibly be an idiot based on cer
Oh yes you did...
," you should be embarrassed by your post because you are an idiot!"

Not watching any of it, every year for 20 years they do the same thing. We sit around and watch them read the names, ring the bells etc.
While its important to remember what happened as it had a huge impact on all of our lives, and perhaps as a teachable moment for those too young to remember or have any context as to what it means, OK fine.
But what else does it really serve? Go ahead and trash me like BSO did to Bonk, but I feel much the same about it.
Just spending all day on TV watching it over and over is too much. I remember it like yesterday, and I dont feel the need to feel that all over again. It was awful, hope it never happens again.

@BSO Dave, Well said. This is extremely personal for me, as I know it is for you.

@Bonk, Maybe this thread can serve as an educational moment for you. In addition to the 2,977 lives lost on September 11, 2011, including 343 of my brother firefighters, it's also imperative that we remember and honor the sacrifices of the 7,052 US service members (not including the 13 lost in Kabul) along with the 14,874 allied troops that have died in the last 20 years in this global war on terror. The loss and sacrifice generated from the events of 9/11 has continued for the last 20 years, it has affected the entire world, and is far from over.

Life does go on, but it must go on while honoring the loss and sacrifice of those who died that day and in the 20 years since.. The threat from the evil that launched these attacks is alive, well, and now more emboldened than ever. Those who fail to learn form history are doomed to repeat it. That is why we we must never forget!

But what else does it really serve? Go ahead and trash me like BSO did to Bonk, but I feel much the same about it.

Are you serious? Maybe you should say that to the faces of the widows and children who stood on that podium today reading the names of their deceased loved ones..

A few more photos honoring the memory of the brave 343!

911 1.jpg

911 2.jpg

911 3.jpg

911 6.jpg

911 8.jpg

911 9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoellaGaby

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.