www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
My wife writes historical novels about Ireland and this morning she asked a rare favor of me. She needs information on hunting in Ireland in the 17th Century. Any references in books, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. She has never, ever, asked how much I spent on my Cape buffalo hunt and I’d really like to help her. The more she focuses on her writing, the less she focuses on me. And I’m planning a bird hunt to Argentina, if you get my drift.

Thanks in advance!

Tell the wife to contact John Rigby and Company in London. Rigby started out in Dublin in 1775. I realize this is not the 17th century, but close. Part of their shop in London is a museum of sorts. They have all of the records going back to the Dublin days. It's possible they may have documents that lead up to the founding of John Rigby as a business.
Media enquiries

Simon K Barr
Tel: +44 (0)1890 882441
Email: simon@johnrigbyandco.com
John Rigby & Co. (Gunmakers) Ltd.
13-19 Pensbury Place
London SW8 4TP

Good Luck to the wife and the future bird hunt!!!

Wish he luck in the research.

My wife writes historical novels about Ireland and this morning she asked a rare favor of me. She needs information on hunting in Ireland in the 17th Century. Any references in books, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. She has never, ever, asked how much I spent on my Cape buffalo hunt and I’d really like to help her. The more she focuses on her writing, the less she focuses on me. And I’m planning a bird hunt to Argentina, if you get my drift.

Thanks in advance!

Yes keep her mind off your hunting activities. An excellent strategy I might say.

Tell the wife to contact John Rigby and Company in London. Rigby started out in Dublin in 1775. I realize this is not the 17th century, but close. Part of their shop in London is a museum of sorts. They have all of the records going back to the Dublin days. It's possible they may have documents that lead up to the founding of John Rigby as a business.
Media enquiries

Simon K Barr
13-19 Pensbury Place
London SW8 4TP

Along these lines, I wonder if the government and legal archives would also be a useful source - proclamations concerning land use, criminal charges for poaching etc. One has to wait another century to get notable writings about the state of affairs in Ireland.

Media enquiries

Simon K Barr
13-19 Pensbury Place
London SW8 4TP

Excellent input!

I want to thank everyone for their input and comments. I've forwarded the information to my 17th Century Writer and am continuing my research into an Argentina bird hunt.

By the way, this is a great forum, I review it every evening. Thanks again for all of the help.

Karl

Hi @Upton O. Good .....I can see you are planning hunting trip to my Country......if you dont allready booked, please check our web page in my signature......We can provide to you a wide possibilities in wingshooting and big game.
Do not hesitate to ask for more information.....you can also find different programs in the deals & offers section We are running at this time......

Rocket

Media enquiries

Simon K Barr
13-19 Pensbury Place
London SW8 4TP

Simon no longer runs rigby, as an FYI

Simon no longer runs rigby, as an FYI
Thanks, Simon was suppose to only deal with media requests to my knowledge. OK @Upton O. Good, tell the wife to ask for Marc Newton, the managing director!
Thanks UKHunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg