Namibia bound!!!!

OMG, Erik and other Texans in Namibia. It will be a wild time, for sure. Khomas trackers will be put to the test!.............best of luck....................FW Bill

Congrats and good luck Gizmo. I say add a Damaraland Dik Dik. A very nice life-size mount and iconic to a small part of the world species. On my Namibian safari I ran into a small issue, take MORE $$$$ than you think or have better mental health/strength than I for staying off the trigger. Looking forward to the report.

MB

No apology required Erik,
But thank you for the kind thought anyway.
Yeah, if using a smart phone and / or some other portable gadgets these days, the Khomas Safaris advertisement at the bottom of my posts doesn’t show, unless you turn the screen sideways.
This proves once more that computers really do dislike me personally LoL.
Anyway, I will PM you within the next few days.
This weekend is dodgy with company inbound and other entanglements.
But I’ll reach out no later than Monday or Tuesday.
Cheers,
Paul.
No worries sir. I’m actually out of town at the moment. @BWH and I are in the way to Stuttgart Ark to hunt geese so I won’t be back until mid next week.

Congrats and good luck Gizmo. I say add a Damaraland Dik Dik. A very nice life-size mount and iconic to a small part of the world species. On my Namibian safari I ran into a small issue, take MORE $$$$ than you think or have better mental health/strength than I for staying off the trigger. Looking forward to the report.

MB
Lol understood. I did pretty well last time, I only took 2 extra animals. We’ll see how well my self control holds out. A giraffe is pretty dang inexpensive in Namibia and that’s killin me.
On the Dik Dik, I have a really hard time getting excited over the tiny ten animals. There is one or two that I find a little interesting but..... considering I can take a giraffe for almost the same $$$ as a little squirrel with horns...... ya I just can’t get excited over one. I completely understand why people do but just not my cup of tea.

Eric, getting to hunt Africa under the existing conditions is a great event. Being able to do it with friends will make it even better. Here's hoping that you get everything on your list and "then some."

Everything is getting lined up, we are very exited for the Safari hunting season to start and welcoming y’all back to Africa!!!

With RSA looking more and more doubtful for 2021, and Zimbabwe so complicated, I predict Namibia via Ethiopian will become extremely popular. Better book early to guarantee yourself a place. I’ve reached out to 3 outfitters but haven’t heard back from any of them so far.

We may never get USFWS to allow import of the Cape Mountain Zebra. If this election goes our way, maybe.
Yep, I know the restrictions in place today. I know a PH in SA that is working with the various agencies and he's trying to provide them with enough documentation so that the rules will hopefully be changed in the not too distant future. Until then, he'll store the hide until that day comes.

Congrats Erik, wish you the best.

My advice.... don´t worry about hunt lists, relax, take what Africa offers, and enjoy, if you don´t see the right animal this time, there will be another hunt in the future
+ 1

With RSA looking more and more doubtful for 2021, and Zimbabwe so complicated, I predict Namibia via Ethiopian will become extremely popular. Better book early to guarantee yourself a place. I’ve reached out to 3 outfitters but haven’t heard back from any of them so far.
Reach out to Philip, @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS here or holler at @Velo Dog. I guarantee they will help you.

Well done and enjoy. Also what Nyati said.

Erik, where did you get your white bearded wilde? I dont see Tanzania on your list of hunted countries.

Congrats on your upcoming Namibia trip, a great place to hunt.

Erik, where did you get your white bearded wilde? I dont see Tanzania on your list of hunted countries.

Congrats on your upcoming Namibia trip, a great place to hunt.
South Texas

Ah, I didnt know they grew them there.

Wish we were going with you bro!!!! Just not in the cards for us over the next few years! I hope/pray for your safety/success & return!
Shoot straight & shoot often!

Enjoy!

Also, nice running into you and meeting you last week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg