My venture into the World of double rifles 470 NE and 9.3x74R

some where i thought accuracy was a question,nothing wrong with my double in 9.3x74r sabatti at 50 yards.
001 (3).JPG

some where i thought accuracy was a question,nothing wrong with my double in 9.3x74r sabatti at 50 yards.View attachment 234078

Congratulations on the double guns! That .470 is beautiful. Good to hear your 9.3 seems to be shooting well. Is it the Big 5 or EDL? I’d love to see a picture if it’s not too much trouble. There aren’t many to see around, and I haven’t been able to find one to see in person either.

Congratulations on a wonderful blend of wood and steel, impressive.

it is from cabelas,i bought it in 2012.not much good taking pics.sorry,but you get the idea.
004.JPG

Congrats @ActionBob! Fantastic looking double

That .470 is a beauty..(y)

Thanks for all the comments guys;) It really is a great gun and I'm grateful to everyone I reached out to for advice and all the great insight and all the selfless support. (y)

Great looking double Bob

Congrats on the new additions!

Hi... Was wondering what specifically you don’t like about the 9.3x74? I am looking at a Fausti double o/u in that caliber. Thanx.

Hi... Was wondering what specifically you don’t like about the 9.3x74? I am looking at a Fausti double o/u in that caliber. Thanx.
I think it's a great caliber. It shoots the first barrel very accurately, but it's been tough to even get the second one on paper. However to be fair, it was regulated with Hornady 286 grain SP RP ammo and I was shooting PRVI and Norma. The regulation target looks good and I just got a box of that but it's been raining all weekend.

So not ready to give up on accuracy. In fact I have not really given it a chance yet....

The bigger issue is that it doubled on me, and bigger than that is that I left a voice mail for the guy who sold it to me but have not heard back from him.

So I want to shoot it a lot more before final opinions. I did apparently commit a cardinal sin and let myself be talked into a single trigger. . Supposedly Sabatti has a great or the greatest one.... But it doubled once out of about a dozen shots.

Great caliber for bear, boar, and big plains game inside 200/150 meters. If accurate enough, great on cats. Marginal for Buffalo. What’s not to like? In a quality rifle.

that 470 looks outstanding! we need to revisit the thought of a TX pig hunt using big bore rifles.

-matt

Bob - the more I examine that 470 the more I like it!

It appears to be very well regulated with the Federal ammo.

We should not have any issues finding the happy spot.

Bob the 470 is a wonderful double that will serve you well. and the 9.3is just a fantastic calibre my Chapuis double is my favourite rifle.

A nice buff in the sights sounds like a great way to spend a day-month.

Enjoy your rifles!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg