My Covid vaccination experience

Both of my daughter-in-laws are now pregnant after getting married to my sons in August. They were told to hold off getting vaccinated while trying to get pregnant but not to hold off for all of their childbearing years - only hold off when actually trying to conceive.

Do not ignore the fact that young people can still pass it to others and we need to build herd immunity to get out of this shit. Herd immunity happens when someone has the virus but since almost everyone around them is vaccinated, the virus dies on the vine with nobody to pass it to. This is ALSO common sense.

I took my first shot yesterday at work. Sore shoulder only this morning.
I work in a grocery store. Roughly 50% of employees have been positive over the past year. And our store was one that didn't get hit hard. Customers are not aware of how bad its been. Usually 10 employees out on quarantine for the entire last year. I was sick in December but it wasn't too bad for me.
In nearly every instance in the store it was brought in by the teenage employees. They all party when not at work and hang out in groups of 4 to 6 in their cars on break. They really don't get sick as has been mentioned but they spread it really well.

2C8E6957-2E1D-479E-BF10-5F0401806ECE.jpeg

Hope no one gets this Dr. for their shot!

Was supposed to get my second Moderna shot Monday but the blizzard closed the clinic and I couldn’t get there anyway. Got 3.5 feet on the level and some 4-5 foot drifts once the wind came up. Hoping to go Tuesday. Hope they don’t bump me way out.
D06B1FAF-7D22-4AFC-A045-C4FD2CA66529.jpeg
220837DF-1A18-4A9F-A836-F61BC3ED5286.jpeg
76768ADB-4D51-434D-BC0A-6243D30F59C4.jpeg

Vaccines are bad especially ones that have been rushed to market. These kind of vaccines (flu,Covid,etc) give your immune system a “head fake” so when an attack by another virus comes along you are more likely to get sick. A Pentagon study proved this.
Nothing will keep me from Africa so if a vaccine is required then I will consult with my dr and decide what to do at that time.
At this time it is bad advice for average folks to get vaccinated for travel. First of all the vaccine is not accepted for travel. Second Covid 19, statistically speaking, is no worse than the flu. (Please don’t start a debate here just read for yourself), and thirdly the cleanest indoor air that you can breath is on a modern airplane. That is right, contrary to popular belief, the HEPA filter cleans all of the air every 2 minutes!
Regards
Philip

There meet now worlds on this subject.Also I will not go into the case numbers, only two remarks

if people go on exotic journeys, they can be inoculated according to experience like a guinea pig with everything possible only around these countries to be allowed to visit and around its own Happening to satisfy. one takes the worst means without a reflection over it what these tablets and other inoculations could do. what do I care, it is finally my vacation.

HEPA filters are used to clean the air and take suspended particles out of you .But not all.In addition, the filter, which after all runs at full speed for a 10-hour African flight must be cleaned.Who does this reliably? The stewardess,while she makes the coffee ? The cleaners who clean up the garbage in Johannesburg?

Good Hepa filter plants cost an enormous money and the question is which the lines install.
When I see how they already save on food, I do not have much confidence in their "quality filters".
On the other hand, it can even happen that the pollutant particles already in the filter are released again, resulting in an increased load.
All this I risk to not allow a Covid vaccination, to then be treated in Bulawyo ?
It does not help at all if it says 99% of the aerosols are eliminated thereby.
"Sagrotan" also claims similar and yet you do not take it for wound disinfection.

-Mr Scott, that was a heck of a crazy storm! Hope you and your home are safe and healthy. Also hope you get your second shot without issue-maybe on a day when the sun is out! My 80 ish year old parents got the second moderna and they are still wondering what all the fuss was about.

I got my first shot, Moderna, on Wednesday at 1:30pm.
As I had GBS back in 2014 and can’t get straight answers from several doctors about the safety of me getting a vaccine, I did some of my own research and found that none of the three vaccine versions resulted in cases of GBS during clinical trials. I weighed the risk / rewards and opted to get the shot. I’ve been on three waiting lists and been checking three locations everyday for almost a month. Tuesday I got a call from the county and they had an opening for the next day. I’m in! One small issue. Two weeks ago I got an infected right big toe that has been slow to heal. Then last weekend I injured my left foot. It’s hard to limp on both feet. Being that it’s such a PITA to get a shot, I wasn’t going to pass on this opportunity. My wife, who has mobility issues was taking me and my neighbor agreed to follow us to assist. A good thing. Along the way we blew a tire. Glad I brought my Indy pit crew along: a.k.a. Neighbor. Thanks to my neighbor and a walker I was able to maneuver to the site.
Before they administered the vaccine, I asked the nurse about my GBS history. She in turn enlisted two doctors. All they said is that I would have some increased risk of side effects. I acknowledged the risk and took the shot. After the shot, rather than a 15 min wait, I had a 30 min wait. Everything was fine until about 7pm. My hands and feet started to feel cold. I took my temp and it was 100. I took two Tylenol and by 10pm my temp was normal again.
I slept well. Twice my wife woke me up to take my temp and both times it was normal. No arm pain.
My wife had her two Moderna shots in February. She had about three days of arm pain and tiredness after both shots but that was it.

Remember this is a phase 3 clinical trial. None of these rna shots are FDA approved. It will likely take until 2023 for them to get that clearance. I’m just saying get all the info, talk to your dr, and then make your decision.

Remember this is a phase 3 clinical trial. None of these rna shots are FDA approved. It will likely take until 2023 for them to get that clearance. I’m just saying get all the info, talk to your dr, and then make your decision.
Uh, sorry, no it's not. A clinical trial means that roughly half, at random are given placebo, and half are given the actual vaccine. That would be unethical, since in the actual Phase 3 trials, there was a 9:1 ratio of serious illness in the unvaccinated vs vaccinated group.

I don't care whether anyone gets the shot or not, but it is not a "clinical trial".

Due to the blizzard, I couldn’t get my second shot of Moderna until yesterday, a week late. Today, I had a significant headache, body aches and a 99.9 temp. Feeling better tonight.

Uh, sorry, no it's not. A clinical trial means that roughly half, at random are given placebo, and half are given the actual vaccine. That would be unethical, since in the actual Phase 3 trials, there was a 9:1 ratio of serious illness in the unvaccinated vs vaccinated group.

I don't care whether anyone gets the shot or not, but it is not a "clinical trial".
Look it up sir.
None of these mRNA shots are FDA approved. They are under an emergency use authorization therefore effectively still in Phase 3 clinical trial whether listed as such or not. This is why they can’t be mandated for travel. Its still being studied.
Regards
Philip

Last edited:
Look it up sir.
None of these mRNA shots are FDA approved. They are under an emergency use authorization therefore effectively still in Phase 3 clinical trial whether listed as such or not. This is why they can’t be mandated for travel. Its still being studied.
Regards
Philip
So, i think everyone is a correct. None of the vaccines have final FDA approval. All, in use in this country, do have FDA emergency use approval. However, none of us receiving the vaccinations are part of a formal trial study. Though should every third recipient start dropping dead or growing a another ear, it would certainly inform the final FDA approval.

An airline or a country can mandate proof of vaccination before either providing a service (Qantas just did so) or allowing entry. Thus far, I am not aware of a country that has done so, but I would not be surprised if becomes the norm.

Last edited:
Look it up sir.
Regards
Philip
I don't have to look it up; I've been a Research Director. A clinical trial implies half are given placebos. I know you feel strongly anti-vax, and that's OK, but words have meaning. A clinical trial is not the same as emergency use authorization. And every drug/vaccine on the market is continuously being studied for potential side effects.

It will be two weeks since I received the J and J vaccine tomorrow. No negative effects or issues after receiving the shot. Did Not do the selfie, but do have the card.

I don't have to look it up; I've been a Research Director. A clinical trial implies half are given placebos. I know you feel strongly anti-vax, and that's OK, but words have meaning. A clinical trial is not the same as emergency use authorization. And every drug/vaccine on the market is continuously being studied for potential side effects.
Look it up sir. You are incorrect.
I appreciate the input. I understand your point and respect your experience. But they skipped the animal trials here. Correct? Therefore what stage are we in? Effective we are still in a trial. This shot is not FDA approved. That is the point.
I am not anti vaccine in all cases. This is not a vaccine sir. It has no COVID-19 material in it.
I just wish people would read and understand what they are getting into. When fully informed then proceed!
Regards,
Philip

So, i think everyone is a correct. None of the vaccines have final FDA approval. All, in use in this country, do have FDA emergency use approval. However, none of us receiving the vaccinations are part of a formal trial study. Though should every third recipient start dropping dead or growing a another ear, it would certainly inform the final FDA approval.

An airline or a country can mandate proof of vaccination before either providing a service (Qantas just did so) or allowing entry. Thus far, I am not aware of a country that has done so, but I would not be surprised if becomes the norm.
I would not think the airlines or other countries could mandate something not FDA approved. Who knows what the future holds I just hope people study up on theses important subjects.

I would not think the airlines or other countries could mandate something not FDA approved. Who knows what the future holds I just hope people study up on theses important subjects.
They aren't mandating it Philip. They are simply saying, as in the case of Qantas, you can't fly on our aircraft without it. I fully expect all international carriers will soon require the same. The ATA (Air Transport Association) is already working on a digital AP that will act as a vaccination "passport" for international travel on participating airlines (that is nearly all of them). None will be mandating that you must take the vaccine - only that you can't use their transport systems without it.

A nation can deny entry to anyone they wish for any reason they wish. And except for economic competitive reasons in the US and perhaps Europe, vaccine developers like China aren't particularly focused on what the US FDA has to say about anything. Indeed, apparently China is considering mandating a vaccination with their vaccine in order to enter the country. And several nations already mandate yellow fever vaccinations, though it is not often checked.

And in my opinion at least, if the AP obviates the need for pre-flight testing, then it can't be implemented soon enough.

Last edited:
Interesting topic. I for one elected to get inoculated, but I respect the decision of those that do not. That said, does anyone truly believe that the person who sits down next to you during the flight layover in.....let's say for example ....Accra, Ghana had a legitimate PCR test before they boarded the flight? Maybe, but a lot of things in the 3rd world aren't the same as they are here. Perhaps something to consider before you decide to go au naturel .

I appreciate the input. I understand your point and respect your experience. But they skipped the animal trials here. Correct? Therefore what stage are we in? Effective we are still in a trial. This shot is not FDA approved. That is the point.
I am not anti vaccine in all cases. This is not a vaccine sir. It has no COVID-19 material in it.
I just wish people would read and understand what they are getting into. When fully informed then proceed!
Regards,
Philip
Philip,
I'll answer you as best I can,
No, they didn't skip animal trials. Due to the urgency of the pandemic, animal trials were done simultaneously with Phase1 Trials. Tested on mice and macaques.
Phase 1 Trials are on small groups to determine safety, and dosing (how much does it take to produce and immune response). These are all healthy people (often medical or college students)
Phase 2 Is done on a larger group for immune response and side effects, and include populations at risk
Phase 3 trials include much larger numbers, including people at risk
At this point emergency use authorization was granted when the risk of serious injury or death was 9x higher in the unvaccinated group
As with all drugs and all other vaccines, monitoring of efficacy and side effects will continue for decades.

And the idea that a vaccine has to have a part of covid, or whatever other antigen in it will fall by the wayside. mRNA is a much more efficient way to produce a small amount of protein that by purifying it from covid. As to why this was the first, two words: Donald Trump. He didn't want hundreds of thousands more dying, so he kicked the drug companies in the ass and said start working together and get it done. Share research. WW II type stuff. Not that he will get any credit.

mRNA may hold the key to targeting cancer cells as well. Researchers have been working on this for a couple of decades.

Anyway, if you have other specific questions feel free to PM me. I'm sure this is more than most want to know.

Best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross