Meanwhile in Hungary

:E Eek:
 
Wow, that was a large herd. A large herd of what would be my question?
 
Red Deer (Cervus elaphus), a cousin of your Elk.
 
Last edited:
I could help them with some population control.
There were a couple of very nice stags in the herd. :E Shocked:
 
Twenty years ago, I rode the train from Pec' to Budapest every two months or so while working in
Eastern Slavonia. Once we left the city environment and entered the countryside, herds of game animals were near constant for many miles at a time. Red Deer were probably the most common, but we also saw 3-4 other species regularly, best I remember. Have never hunted there, but Hungary was well known for its hunting during this time!
 
WOW. Quite the herd. Bruce
 
Amazing!!!
 
That is wild! When I left RSA in November, my PH's farm was hosting twelve Hungarians and they were hunting one on one. Just repeating what he told me, there is a strong hunting culture in that country. I'd say this video may validate that.
 
Am starting to put together a plan for Hungary and driven wild boar in '19 or 20. My bride and I enjoy the European trip where I hunt for three days and then we play tourist for a week or so (we are doing Spain again next fall). I have been to Budapest twice - one as a GO on a goodwill mission, and then about five years ago on business. Lovely city and friendly people.
 
extraordinay herd of red deer.
Since the concession holder must pay for the damages ,the population was reduced in the whole country.
Nevertheless an excellent destination for hunting .
But since the iron curtain has fallen, I saw never anymore so many deers like before.
No one had cared the damages of the animals .
They had to bring contribute to the Russians.
It was normal for a Platz Hirsch (the boss of the herd) in the rut ,that he had 25-40 cows arround .
These times are over.
But this ,what you shared is crazy.Looks like Hungarian lowlands and a union of different herds in winter.
Red Leg,in wintertime ,the city is a little bit boring .Autumn would be better in combination with driven boar hunt.
Foxi
 
WOW that's a bunch and then some!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,400
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top