Di you like the laminated stock
Appears to be one
I am looking at a Sako kodiak
I have a sako in 270 w a synthetic stock which is soft
Wondering your opinion on the laminated
Your stock looks like it's laminated
- very strong especially needed w hard recoil get rifles
Looks very nice though

The Laminated stock is Great! Especially in hot africa!
It doesnt twist when Loosing humidity and is heavier specially for hard recoil rifles! But i would anyways make an acra-glas bedding for good Shooting precision and Strengthening the stock!

Hi Tim,... great projekt!

I had pretty much the same idea, and this is the result.

I ordered scope mount bases, but there is no scope.

Action is as yours, barrel is a Lothar Walther 65 cm, and all added metal parts are Recknagel components.

View attachment 179404

HWL
Yes you have a very valid point there. I got off s Qantas flight and my rifle was dripping wet

The rifle was a Browning A Bolt with timber stock.
Result was that they were out and I had to resight albeit by not fortunately
But , enough to miss vital shifts..

Ingotb

Great project! I'm just starting my own 10.75x68mm as well. Just received my barrel, also a Lothar, forget which profile exactly it is a little heavy, but lighter than my Winchester Safari 375 Wby bbl.

I have been interested in building one for many years, and recently missed out on an auction for a barreled action so I said screw it, I'll finally build it. I have not decided on the action, i have a no name military 98, but there is also another 98 at Cabelas I've been eyeing (fn military).

I'm going a little more modern, cerakote, scope, maple stock with dark stain. Unfortunately the only brass available I can find is Bertram or Quality-Cartridge if I order enough for them to do a run. Every lead to German brass has ended up going no where.

Good luck on your project! Can't wait to compare ours on here

Great project! I'm just starting my own 10.75x68mm as well. Unfortunately the only brass available I can find is Bertram or Quality-Cartridge if I order enough for them to do a run. Every lead to German brass has ended up going no where.

Good luck on your project! Can't wait to compare ours on here

For german cases try this....

http://www.huelsenmanufaktur.de/

There is a button "Sonderanfertigungen"

You will find a number to call.

Friendly guy, makes perfect cases

I am sure, he will make a special run, because it is an easy to produce case.

HWL

Tim like the looks of your rifles! I have a couple 98 actions in my shop. I am working on a 9.3x62 and 375 ruger so I might have to consider the 10.75.

I also looked at the Prinz Waffen web site and really like the look of that single shot.

It sounds like you are learning the Gunsmithing Trade in Germany, are you planning on opening a shop of your own in Africa sometime in the future.

Gentlemen , quick question. Is there a reason you seem to prefer Lothar barrels? Is it because they come pre-chambered in the cartridge of your choice and you are just setting them back to obtain the correct headspace? By doing this are you alleviating the necessity of purchasing a finishing reamer? ( I have been using Krieger & ER Shaw ) Thank you in advance for any information.

regards
Pat

Gentlemen , quick question. Is there a reason you seem to prefer Lothar barrels? Is it because they come pre-chambered in the cartridge of your choice and you are just setting them back to obtain the correct headspace? By doing this are you alleviating the necessity of purchasing a finishing reamer? ( I have been using Krieger & ER Shaw ) Thank you in advance for any information.

regards
Pat

I found my barrel an the HP of Lothar Walther, as one oft the two last, of a special run for 10,75x68.

They say, 10,75x68 needs slightly different bore dimensions than a .404 rimless, which is much more in use.

I bought the barrel with finished chamber, thread and contour for an M98 Action.

Nobody does this job better than Lothar Walther himself.

Than you need the headspace gauches to loan.

But I think, Tim Liedtke kann give the best information how to do.

HWL

They say, 10,75x68 needs slightly different bore dimensions than a .404 rimless
Thank you for the information, I am following these post with interest. I look forward to see Mr. Liedtke finished rifle, he certainly has access to some very talented gunsmiths for reference having visited Prinz Waffen site!

I've sent an email to Reimer Johannsen about importing to the USA. The brass isn't priced bad at all compared to Bertram, but I'm sure shipping will be expensive. But, it's that or Bertram, which has a reputation of being very soft.

HWL,

You're correct, I believe the original 10.75x68mm used a .424 bore, but a .423 will work just fine. The only other bore I have seen from American barrel makers is .425, which I find odd instead of .423

This maker also uses .412 vs .410 or
411 for the various cartidges of that diameter. Only Woodleigh makes .412 bullets, a couple make .411, most are .410 for the 405 Win, 400 Whelen, 411 Hawk, etc

Excellent caliber for dangerous game.
A long time I was hunting with this caliber.
Now I use 404Jeffery. My "Jeffery" was built on a standard length 98Mauser.
10,75 x 68 and 404Jeffery are similar calibers.
Witold

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't resist showing you my 10.75x68 rifle. Its an original 1924 Oberndorf Commercial Type B, 98 Mauser. I was told it was used by the Rhodesia Game Department for animal control, hense the signs of much use, and likely taken hundreds of game over the last 75+ years. It has a 23.6" full Octagon Barrel - Tangent Rear Site - Lever Floor Plate release - 8.0 lbs.

Although it looks rough on the outside, with its original horn buttplate long ago worn away, it has sound wood and a very smooth action, and still a great shooter. Its one of my favorite Big Game rifles.

mauserb1.jpg

mauserb2.jpg

mauserb3.jpg

Attachments

• mauserb1.jpg
    mauserb1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 507
  • mauserb2.jpg
    mauserb2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 391
  • mauserb3.jpg
    mauserb3.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 276
@buckstix where did you find such an interesting rifle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross