Mauser 98 in 10.75x68

IMG_2713.JPG

Hello im Busy making My Self The Ultimate PH rifle!
Its an Original DWM Argentino Mauser 98 Aktion from 1908
All Parts will be Original and Open sighted!..
View attachment 179283
There is one I found online Simpson.com seems like a reasonable price although I would like to see it for my self before buying. A real old world African rifle

97B4E1B6-AFA6-4566-B7A6-4EF7E6F5CE07.png
54E5D639-A1DA-4316-87C3-65CF319B0E38.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, you built a beautiful rifle. Have you taken it to the range yet? If so what did the targets look like? I'm almost 75 and because of failing eyesight decided to mount a scope on my 404 Jeffery. Keep those open sights as long as you can, good luck and good hunting.

Will you be opening your own gun shop?

Hi Tim,

I have a question: Did you worked on the dimensions of the original 1909 magazine to adapt it for the 10,75x68 cartridge?

Here is a photo of a different type of 10.75 x 68 , in a Haenell version..this rifle was a parallel development with Mannlicher and Mauser rifles in Europe...
pCMEcD1.jpg

Some photos of such a rifle on the internet..I will upload more photos of my own rifle ...
Dac9vCa.jpg
ltZZIVW.jpg
7oxtjOy.jpg
nolTOPi.jpg
jNglVCB.jpg
ifspgsz.jpg

Attachments

• pCMEcD1.jpg
    pCMEcD1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 397
  • nolTOPi.jpg
    nolTOPi.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 313
  • ltZZIVW.jpg
    ltZZIVW.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 307
  • jNglVCB.jpg
    jNglVCB.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Dac9vCa.jpg
    Dac9vCa.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 7oxtjOy.jpg
    7oxtjOy.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
Did some reading on the internet..it seems this is the 10.75 x 63...the different gunsmiths from that era did not work according to a standard..every one manufactured according to his own specifications..there are even examples of 10.75 x 57, 10.75 x 61 and at last when a standard was used these rifles were converted to the 10.75 x 68 and stamped over the 10.75 x 63.(y)

Lothar Walther barrels are quite popular in Germany as replacements and in custom builds. They are button rifled, not hammerforged. Better prices than heym barrels (heym cold hammer forges them). And LW offers a considerable catalogue to choose various options from.

And probably the main factor - Heym requires gunsmiths (no private barrel purchases allowed in Germany) to order min. 15 (as of July 2018) barrels in one caliber at once. LWs can be ordered individually.

Tim, my highest praise to your work. It is absolutely fabulous!

What recoil pads have you been using for your rifles? Colour-wise they both look like something I would like to consider for my new stocks.

Best,

cmk

This thread inspired me to go back to my original 10,75 project! I hadn't read for a while, and seeing the pictures....well, I already sold my 404 J brass to another member!

Now I just need to sell my giant BBK-02 and stock from the 404 J project

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois