Mauser 98 in 10.75x68

IMG_0871.JPG

How far along are you now, Tim?

I have purchased the reamer, gauges, and dies. I found a company that makes 10.75 brass from 375 H&H brass by trimming off the belt, then cutting a new extractor groove and rim. It's not ideal, but it works for now.

Coincidentally, 2 other guys that live near me are also building 10.75s! One is a former gunsmith. I've decided to stay on track with mine for this reason. Still no Horneber brass

I purchased 450 Bullets half solid and half bondet woodleigh 350grain
From a Fried ill try those!

Im now Busy Making an Acra-Glass bedding!

Soon it will ne up To Sanding and Finishing the stock! Thereafter it will be sighting in the Open sights!..

Beautiful lines of a classic big game rifle, well done ! Look forward to see the finished results ! (y)

That's going to be a beautiful rifle. One of my very close friends, recently passed, loved the 10.75x68. He had two of them. He often used them on feral hogs to great affect. I have a Gustave Genschow 98 Mauser in 10.75x57, the little brother to the x68 and 404. It's going with me this year on a moose/caribou/grizzly hunt.

Beautiful rifle! Very nice job and thanks for bringing us along for the trip!

The Projekt 10.75x68 is finally Coming To an end!
Very Exited and Shoots very good open sighted on 50m soft point and solids shoot same!...

Tim, that is one beautiful rifle. This project is one that you will probably remember for many years to come. Craftsmen with your talents cannot sit idle. Have you already figured out what your next project will be?

Beautiful rifle.......let us know, when it comes to action...

HWL

Beautiful rifle but where is the checkering?o_O

Very fine! Just needs to draw blood to be complete:).

Thanks
Since its not complete yet the checkering will still be done!..
Pictures of Finishing To follow!

Thanks

Then it needs to be photographed next to its first field success. That is a wondefull piece of walnut you have used for the stock.

Thanks
We still miss the pictures...

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!