Mauser 98 in 10.75x68

Hello CAustin,

Thanks for the reply.

I purchased this rifle, along with a Custom Mauser in 505 Gibbs, about 4 years ago. They came from a the estate of the hunter who brought them back from Africa around the year 2001.

You do seem to find some nice rifles! How big is your collection now?

You do seem to find some nice rifles! How big is your collection now?

Hello CAustin,

I'm happy to say; "I don't know". When I see something I like I buy it. (If I can afford it)

I actually have more of an accumulation than a collection. I like BIG BORES, I like DOUBLE RIFLES, and I especially like those with STORIES to tell.

Hello CAustin,

I'm happy to say; "I don't know". When I see something I like I buy it. (If I can afford it)

When you know, how many rifles you have,... you do not have enough....

;)

HWL

IMG_9780.JPG
IMG_9784.JPG

When do you think the rifle will be finished?

All that brass makes me jealous!! That is the hold up in mt build. No return emails from either Horneber retailer in Europe, no word from Huntington. Two American companies are back ordered with no idea on production. Soft Bertram is the only option still.

Frankly I'm getting really tempted to scrap the 10.75x68mm and go with the 404. It'll cost more on gunsmithing, but at least I can get components at the drop of a hat.

All that brass makes me jealous!! That is the hold up in mt build. No return emails from either Horneber retailer in Europe, no word from Huntington. Two American companies are back ordered with no idea on production. Soft Bertram is the only option still.

Frankly I'm getting really tempted to scrap the 10.75x68mm and go with the 404. It'll cost more on gunsmithing, but at least I can get components at the drop of a hat.

Don´t worry....

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6426307

....Horneber usually does not sell to consumers but to

http://www.reimer-johannsen.de/

HWL

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 12.05.17 PM.png

Reimer is the one who won't return emails. I cannot view the other link, my browser is having trouble translating, I don't speak German.

Ok, ...have a call or send an email to "huelsenmanufaktur" in english, he will understand you.

This Company is "great"!!!!! and is located in Regensburg, a little town in Bavaria, close to me.

Should you not be successfull, let me know, I will break up his basement door and will star operating his machinery...

Kontakt

shm®– Süddeutsche Hülsenmanufaktur

Bergstraße 13
93080 Pentling

Tel. 0049941-91069890
Fax. 0049941-91069887

E-Mail:
post2.jpg

(y)

HWL

Attachments

• post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 512
Last edited by a moderator:
Reimar returned my email! They can export to the USA and are working on a price quote for brass and shipping.

I'm also bidding on another action i think will make a better rifle. 1909 Argentine

My first reload, QL-calculated, Woodleigh 347 gr SN WeldCore 36 , 68,5 gr N540, CCI 250, case RWS, COL 82,5 mm, 2325 f/s, 4163 ft.-lbs, from a 23,6 " barrel.

HWL

IMG_0875.JPG

Ist been a Time but now the Projekt 10.75 comes To the stock making!
First of all im making the dummy for the exact fit!.. With gunsmith Master Heiko de Fries in Germany

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelishaRae

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois