Steve Scott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, WSF, NSSF
Hunted
Cameroon, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, RSA, & Namibia. Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Rep., Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Spain, Turkey
Sad to report the passing of Theunis Botha. His wife confirmed on their FB page he died in a hunting accident in Zim. There are no further details of the circumstances at this time. I hunted with Theunis in SA and Botswana. He was an excellent PH and world-class houndsman. Thoughts and prayers for Carike and the children.

Picture posted by @ActionBob
full

A picture I snapped of Theunis Botha at the last SCI while having a visit with the man himself. Great guy! I am grateful I had the honor of meeting him personalty, even if just that brief time.

That is sad news. Are there any details on the accident? Condolences to the family.

Sad to report the passing of Theunis Botha. His wife confirmed on their FB page he died in a hunting accident in Zim. There are no further details of the circumstances at this time. I hunted with Theunis in SA and Botswana. He was an excellent PH and world-class houndsman. Thoughts and prayers for Carike and the children.

Sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences and prayers to the family. Rest in peace.

My prayers to the family, it was shattering to see the message on my phone this morning. Theunis was a true gentlemen, with a love for his family , nature and his hounds. The hunting industry has lost a true legend.

Herd of elephant charged them.

Prayers for his family and friends. Sad news indeed!!

Though I don't know him, so very sad to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

I heard about this here in India at lunch. There were a couple South Africans (not in the hunting industry or hunters themselves) mentioning a person who they said was trampled by en elephant in Zim. As I am headed there for elephant in two days, I immediately perked up. They showed me his picture and gave me his name. No details on a google search and I don't want to start rumors or spread them, but it was shocking how quickly word spreads.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.

I am very saddened by this news. Although I did not hunt with him personally, I did hunt with his protege Coenraad and with Theunis' dogs. I enjoyed the stories and then met Theunis at the last SCI Convention. He was a gentleman and a pleasure to visit with. He will be dearly missed by many and it is also a loss to the hunters who would have met him in the future.

My prayers go out to his family in this time of grief. I hope they can find some solace in celebrating his well lived life.

Prayers...

RIP. So tough to loose them. Bruce

RIP

Terrible news. RIP. Prayers for family & friends

My prayers to the family, it was shattering to see the message on my phone this morning. Theunis was a true gentlemen, with a love for his family , nature and his hounds. The hunting industry has lost a true legend.

Herd of elephant charged them.

I've only met Theunis on a few occasions and had the pleasure to speak with him briefly, but I'd say Simon nailed it. I've also read that about a herd of elephant charged the hunting party he was in.

My sincere condolences to his family, loved ones and friends. Tragic.

full

full

Last edited:
Another well respected professional hunter lost in the field. Extremely sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends.

Damn. My condolences to family and friends.
R.I.P.

Condolences to Theunis' family and friends - always sad to hear this kind of news.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg