In memoriam - RIP cal pappas

This is very sad news. Did he not recently make plans to move to a new location for his retirement?
My sincerest condolences for his family in any case.
I had never met the man, but he was a courteous and knowledgeable gentleman in all correspondence.

Last edited:
Real shame. Had a wealth of knowledge about doubles. Must have been very sudden. Sincerest condolences to his family.

If this is true, condolences to his family. As stated above he was a wealth of knowledge, and seemed to be a very friendly and helpful man.

Wow, is this confirmed? He just posted yesterday.

Looks like he was scheduled to go to Africa in a few days too.

1653322834403.png

Condolences to his family. As others have said, he seemed to be incredibly well versed in doubles and steeped in experience. I never had a conversation with him but always felt a kinship because he was in Alaska too.

I used to be a sprinter, in a much younger version of myself, a lifetime ago, and I wasn't horrible at it. Running though the end not to the end always stuck with me, as having much more application than just short races. Life is too short no matter how long you live. This life here is but temporary. Never, ever take anything for granted, not a single day or experience. It sounds like, with a hunt planned next month, Cal was still running through the end. Good on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois