In memoriam - RIP cal pappas

I've never before been physically shocked hearing of a forum member passing. I couldn't believe my eyes. He seemed like someone who would always be there talking about doubles and answering questions for others and maybe myself one day.

RIP Cal.
I've been communicating with him on Facebook Messenger with questions on reloading my 470 Nitro and regulation loads he was always so helpful and encouraging he will be missed!

This is really sad news. He was a great guy and contributed a ton of knowledge. He will definitely be missed. Thoughts and prayers with his family and loved ones. RIP.

Sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

I am so sad to hear this news and send my sincere condolences to his family. I was due to meet this great man in Harare on the 2nd June, he was bringing me a signed copy of his book and I was so excited to meet him. Life can be short my friends, cherish every moment.

Condolences to his family. RIP Cal

Very sad to hear, I received a PM from him yesterday in the morning. He was a wealth of knowledge and will be greatly missed. Did his doctor say how he passed?

RIP in the happy hunting grounds my friend.

So sad.
But,over the rainbow there is his Africa (with his doubles).
Carpe diem.

Very sad to hear he was a very kind and helpful man.

He was a walking encyclopedia, when it comes to double rifles.

Very sudden, and sad.

Condolences to his family. I talked with him a few times via PM but never had a chance to meet him in person. I always enjoyed reading his posts on the forums. He will be missed.

This is sad news indeed, but from what Cal posted here over the years he had a great sporting life. Rest in peace, Cal.

The last thing Cal said to me was
“We’ll see you at the airport “. That was Saturday afternoon.
He passed away in his home on Sunday with his bags packed, two of them already on the front porch.
It was Cal, with some gentle prodding who finally convinced to put my double rifle to proper use on a buffalo hunt and I couldn’t have happier to have been going with Cal Pappas.
We are continuing on with our hunt as planned. I’m 100% sure Cal wouldn’t have it any other way.
If I’m lucky enough to get close enough to an old dagga boy you can rest assured that Cal will be with me.
He was the best of us.

RIP Cal! Also couldn't believe he is gone after seeing his posts just yesterday

Very sad. He was a knowledgeable gentleman to me in my conversations and dealings with him.
may God Bless him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois