In memoriam - Lori Spears of Travel Express passed away

As someone who shares the same passion for flyfishing, and the outdoors, it saddens me to see a wonderful sportswoman have to leave life so soon.

I hope I didn't overstep any boundaries, but I paid for a memorial tree to be planted in Lori's name, and I signed the card from ......
"The good folks at AfricaHunting.com"
@Brent in Az, That's a very thoughtful and kind gesture from you and wish I thought of it myself. Since I knew Lori personally for so many years, my wife and I sent a bouquet from us personally. She cared a lot about our community and was certainly an important part of it. Thank you for doing that.

To all who have posted in this thread, I would like to personally thank everyone of you for the kind words and gestures, I know it means a lot to her family and loved ones.

As someone who shares the same passion for flyfishing, and the outdoors, it saddens me to see a wonderful sportswoman have to leave life so soon.

I hope I didn't overstep any boundaries, but I paid for a memorial tree to be planted in Lori's name, and I signed the card from ......
I wanted to share your message here.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 3.21.42 PM.png

This is a shock. I just got flight confirmations from Lori on June 3rd.
I've only met her a few times at AH Dinners and DSC, but she was always a pleasure to speak with and a huge help with all of my travel plans. She will be very missed and a huge loss to our hunting community.
Prayers for all her family and friends.

Thank you for including all of us. Very thoughtful.

@Rob404, I saw that you also sent some flowers and wanted to thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 3.24.49 PM.png

@Brent in Az , a very thoughtful and kind gesture. Thank you for allowing the group of us to participate in this beautiful message of support to Lori’s loved ones. I am certain it means so much to them.

I am stunned and shocked. She was still so young, has her cause of death bern released?

I’m sorry to hear of what so many people have described as an amazing person!
My condolences go to those who knew her.
I wish I could’ve had the opportunity to get to know her.
May she Rest In Peace.
I hope the ones she left behind get to mourn her loss.

Hawk

How very sad. Much too young. I’ve spoken to her several times over the years and even though I’ve never used her I believe she was a trusted figure in our sport and a tremendous huntress. My condolences to all.

Very thoughtful Brent!

Very sad to read this- she has helped me multiple times on my trips over to Africa. I wish her family the warmest of condolences

I know some of you knew Lori well so I wanted to pass on this information if anyone wanted to send some flowers to her celebration of life ceremony this weekend. It will be held at the Daly Leach Memorial Chapel on Saturday June 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM in Hamilton, Montana, in the Leach Community Room.

Here is the link to Lori's obituary:

It was truly a pleasure to have gotten to know Lori. She will be missed dearly.

@Brent in Az, That's a very thoughtful and kind gesture from you and wish I thought of it myself. Since I knew Lori personally for so many years, my wife and I sent a bouquet from us personally. She cared a lot about our community and was certainly an important part of it. Thank you for doing that.
Thank you for the kind words, Jerome. I certainly wasn't trying to overshadow anyone. with some losses of family/friends in my life recently, seeing good people passing on too soon, hits close to home.
Someday, I hope someone plants a tree for me. Its a good tribute. Peace!

Incredible gesture sir. Thank you.

Like many, I only knew Lori by way of the three safaris for which she arranged travel - the third of which I am currently enjoying. We spoke now and then and exchanged many emails during the past seven years. I will miss her partnership greatly and I send my most fervent prayers for her family and friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you