In memoriam - Bruce Moulds has passed away

I would hope that his family does login and see the response that he has generated and celebrate the contributions that he made to this small community.
+1!

Just talking with Dr Ray and found out another Australian member, Bruce Moulds (@bruce moulds), has died! He got meningococcal meningitis. Only 69. Sad for his family. Rest in peace Bruce.
Haere i runga i te rangimarie Bruce, ka haere i runga i te rangimarie. Haere ki to okiokinga ka manaakitia.
Translation: Go in peace Bruce, go in peace. Go to your rest and be blessed.

Last edited:
I have known Bruce my entire life.
Ten years older than me, he introduced me to shooting, and was my mentor in F Class.
Back in the 70's, when I was a little boy i was lucky to spend many nights crawling around the Adelaide Hill Face Zone with Bruce in his short wheel base Land Rover watching him shoot foxes with his .17 Rem.
He had a huge knowledge of firearms, in many different disciplines, and had just about owned every type at one point.
He was very well read, not only shooting, but history - books and the internet, which he searched compulsively.
When he became interested in something he made sure that he understood it completely. He would research, and then test with his own equipment, which he bought very carefully. His keen analytical thought process meant that he would eventually become an authority.

Most of my time with Bruce was on the target range or doing load development. He was a very keen student of groups, and all aspects of acuracy. His vast knowledge about reloading from hunting,
F Class, and Black Powder was not theoretical, he confirmed everything himself.

I only ever went hunting / culling with Bruce once, a couple of years ago - shooting Camels, me with my 375, and he with his 9.3. He loved all aspects, shot placement, tracks, maps, having a sharp knife - he was a real bushman, and he analyzed everything.

Bruce was a deep thinker, loyal, conscientious, and had a wicked sence of humour.

He was a great Mate, and I will miss him terribly.

No more long phone calls with Bruce.

Vale Bruce.

Very sorry to this has been announced.

I obviously never met this chap, but he took the time to reply to my questions on the AH Forum, with positive input.
He obviously had experience to share and wanted to help fellow AH members.

Condolences to his family, let's wish them well during a difficult time.

RIP

C

Ten years older than me, he introduced me to shooting, and was my mentor in F Class.
Back in the 70's, when I was a little boy i was lucky to spend many nights crawling around the Adelaide Hill Face Zone with Bruce in his short wheel base Land Rover watching him shoot foxes with his .17 Rem.
He had a huge knowledge of firearms, in many different disciplines, and had just about owned every type at one point.
He was very well read, not only shooting, but history - books and the internet, which he searched compulsively.
When he became interested in something he made sure that he understood it completely. He would research, and then test with his own equipment, which he bought very carefully. His keen analytical thought process meant that he would eventually become an authority.

Most of my time with Bruce was on the target range or doing load development. He was a very keen student of groups, and all aspects of acuracy. His vast knowledge about reloading from hunting,

I only ever went hunting / culling with Bruce once, a couple of years ago - shooting Camels, me with my 375, and he with his 9.3. He loved all aspects, shot placement, tracks, maps, having a sharp knife - he was a real bushman, and he analyzed everything.

Bruce was a deep thinker, loyal, conscientious, and had a wicked sence of humour.

Vale Bruce.
@jcinsa
Thank you for a better insight into Bruce. I gathered from my conversations with Bruce that he didn't do anything half arsed it was all or nothing. Not only did he have a wicked sense of humour it was also the typical warped Aussie sense of humour
I will miss my conversations with him.
Bob

So long "buddy." Too few speak straight from the shoulder as you did. Even during enjoyable AH banter, you could be counted on to set the story straight. You "walked the walk" and I'm proud to have known you. Yours will be "big boots to fill." RIP Bruce.

Vale Bruce.
Very nice insight! Thanks.

Thanks for the insight Jci............... I never met the man, but we conversed a bit, and I posted my condolences before. I must add this: After over a half century of reloading black powder, in cartridge guns, mzzldrs, flints, inlines, pistols and stump-blowers........there are only a few guys on AH who's posts on these topics I pay heed to....most have a superficial knowledge....(they've shot a Hawken a few times. ) But Bruce was the real deal; a wealth of knowledge and experience was lost with him. Always enjoyed and learned from his posts. Best I can say about a fellow sportsman...he knew his stuff.....again...sorry for your loss....................FW Bill

Condolences to friends and family. Bruce was a good contributor to AH.

RIP Bruce. You will be missed but not forgotten.
Condolences to his friends and loved ones. May they treasure their memories with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg