I Am Honored To Be A New Member Here

Welcome to AH Panther Shooter! Looking forward to your contribution, I think that you will enjoy being part of our community. Thanks to @Major Khan for inviting you to join us!

Welcome to AfricaHunting.com! It was an incredible insight reading your story and learning this history. Thank you for contributing!

Panther Shooter I am glad another hunter has joined our "virtual campfire" - so pull up a chair, pour a dram of whiskey and enjoy the company! (y)

Welcome to AH !

Hello ,
I have joined this online forum today . I was in fact introduced to this website by forum member ,@Major Khan who is my close friend , compatriot and former commanding officer during the Bangladesh War Of Independence in 1971 .
Major khan very kindly narrated one of my hunting stories on AH ( African Hunting ) forums last week , which can be found here .
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/in-pursuit-of-the-fabled-black-panther.55807/
He also encouraged me to join this online forum .
I am a passionate lover of the Majestic art of hunting ( or “ Shikar “ as it is called here , in Bangladesh ) .
Although I certainly enjoy hunting ( and do hunt ) most species legally available for Shikar in Bangladesh , my No. 1 favorite mammalian species to hunt in my country would have to be the Axis Deer ( Known in Bangladesh , as the Chital ) . Among birds , my No. 1 favorite upland species to hunt , would have to be the green Harial pigeon and my No.1 favorite waterfowl species to hunt , would have to be greylag geese .
My experience with dangerous game is limited to only 25 man eating Hunting Leopards and half a dozen Asian Sloth Bears , which I personally consider to be quite unremarkable .
My dream is to hunt in South Africa next year with my grandchildren ( preferably Namibia ) . My dream African species to hunt for my first time to Africa , would have to be the following :
* Cape Buffalo
* Eland
* Impala
* Sable
* Tiny Ten
Bagging an elephant or an African lion are also quite desirable to me , somewhere down the line . However to me , my very first African dangerous game species MUST be a Cape Buffalo .

My No. 1 favorite rifle calibre of all time is hands down , the 7 millimeter Remington Magnum .
My No. 1 favorite shotgun maker of all time , is William Wellington Greener .
My No. 1 favorite factory loaded ammunition , would have to be the Remington Core Lokt soft nose cartridges.
MY No. 1 favorite bullets for hand loading , would have to be Barnes TSX soft nose bullets .
Some of the calibres which I have used over the last 55 years for Shikar include , but are not limited to :
* .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire
* 7 millimeter Remington Magnum
* .375 Holland and Holland Magnum
* 12 Bore
* .303 Military Ball ( for two legged quarry during war time only )

I hope that I can learn a great deal from this group of passionate hunters from all over the world . I also hope to share a couple of my stories of pursuing man eating Hunting Leopards over the years .
With very best wishes ,
Panther Shooter

Hello Panther Shooter,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The 7 MM Remington Magnum is one of the world’s best long range hunting cartridges.
I like bullets of 160 to 175 grains in this caliber.
It is a very good choice for hunting most species in Namibia.

Major Khan has been keeping me on the edge of my chair, with the stories he submits to this forum.
And so, I do look forward to yours as well.
Bangladesh seems like it might be an interesting place for a keen hunter to live in.

Kind regards,
Velo Dog.

Panther Shooter, welcome to the AH forum! I have enjoyed your report which Poton posted for us to read. Looking forward to more.

Welcome to the outfit. I see you share my Africa battery in firearms, namely a 375HH and 7RM. Both of mine are Win 70s and I shoot Barnes TSX exclusively. Anxiously awaiting your next narrative.

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you here. Your compatriots have set the bar rather high from the tales that have been shared. I completely enjoyed your story that was posted by the Major. Looking forward to more. Thanks for joining.
Bruce

Welcome to AH!

Panther Shooter, please add my name to the long list of welcomers. Like Timbo said, pull a chair up to the fire, grab a burger & a cold beer and let the stories begin. Your dream list of African animals to be taken on your first is impressive to say the least. How old are your grandchildren?

Welcome to AH Panther Shooter! Looking forward to your contribution, I think that you will enjoy being part of our community. Thanks to @Major Khan for inviting you to join us!
I consider it a privilege to add new members to your excellent forums , Mr. Jerome . After all... the stronger our numbers of true sports men and hunters , the better for the international hunting community .

Hello Panther Shooter,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The 7 MM Remington Magnum is one of the world’s best long range hunting cartridges.
I like bullets of 160 to 175 grains in this caliber.
It is a very good choice for hunting most species in Namibia.

Major Khan has been keeping me on the edge of my chair, with the stories he submits to this forum.
And so, I do look forward to yours as well.
Bangladesh seems like it might be an interesting place for a keen hunter to live in.

Kind regards,
Velo Dog.
Why thank you so much , Velo Dog . Keep a weather eye open , because I shall be writing a fresh new article tomorrow .
We do alright in Bangladesh. Nothing too remarkable , but alright . You need to take permission from the local police DC in order to hunt in any forested area ( unless if you are hunting on private property ) . Fortunately , our local police are pretty considerate in this regard .
We have sambhur deer , cheetal deer , Kakar deer, mouse deer and wild boars as legally permissible game species .
Our legally permissible water fowl species include teal ducks , Chawkha red ducks , Greylag Geese and cranes .
Our legally permissible upland game species include pigeons , quails , doves , Harials and hares .

Unfortunately , Asian Sloth Bears can only be shot if they wander in to private property .
The shooting of forest panthers or royal Bengal tigers are sadly prohibited , barring man eaters ( which do occasionally wreak havoc in the rural areas surrounding forested regions . )
I am confident that you and Panther Shooter shall make good friends . He can write an entire essay about the virtues of the 7 mm Remington magnum... He loves the calibre so much ( And so he should . In his hands .... It is absolutely devastating ) .

Welcome to AH! Nice rifle collection, very practical!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimber12N1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH