Howdy

Bonk

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member NRA
Howdy. I've been reading this forum off and on for a couple of years. Great information. Finally signed up back in September. I'm a member on a couple of brand specific forums too.

Today was an auspicious day for me. I made my first post on this forum, I booked my first African hunting trip and I sent my rifle to AHR to get some work done in preparation for the trip. All in all not a bad way to spend a Friday.

That's enough for now. Glad to meet you.

Welcome to AH!

Glad to have ya. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

It's one hell of a good Friday then.
Welcome to the posting side.

Nice! welcome to the forum! What rifle did you send off?
Where will you be hunting?

Welcome to the posting side!

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a great Friday! Welcome!

Welcome. TGIF!

Welcome aboard, what’s on your Africa wishlist?

I booked a PG hunt in RSA. I used Worldwide Trophy Adventures to book the trip. This trip has been in my brain for about 30 years and Capstick is to blame. I've read and reread all his stuff several times plus Ruark and others. I finally have the time and resources to make it happen.

I sent my CZ 550 375H&H off to Wayne at AHR to have him do an upgrade package. I know I don't need a 375H&H for PG but it's a fine excuse to get some work done on a rifle I plan to use for a buffalo hunt someday. I plan to take a 9.3x62 and a 275 Rigby on my PG hunt. I own several rifles in both calibers but I'm leaning towards a pair of Ruger Africans (I also own the 6.5x55 Swede) or a pair of CZ550's. I've even considered taking a pair of #1's in the same calibers. We'll see.....

Thanks for all the kind responses.

Welcome to AH. Congrats on booking your first safari.

Giday Bonk and welcome to the A H forums

375 is an excellent one gun solution for your hunt. I’ve shot water buff to duiker with the 375 and it has worked perfectly. Usually a heavy rifle and a light rifle in a quality case will put you close to max weight on baggage so keep that in mind for your trip. The more I travel, and drag guns through airports, one gun is looking much more enticing. Congratulations on booking your trip!

Welcome to AH Bonk! Glad to have you join us after all this time. Always nice to hear that someone gets to go hunt in Africa.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the AH community. Lots of great firsts for you. Enjoy the countdown to your safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross