Howdy. New to posting, not the sight

limpy88

Reaction score
Howdy. From state of Indiana in the USA.
Been reading this site for a long time. (Roughly 2010) Dreaming of going to Africa for long time.
Wife won free room and board trip from a outfitter in south Africa, from a NRA banquet. So we heading next year.
Plan on bow and rifle hunting. Figured I finally sign up and get a little serious about the planning of it. Debating on taking my suppressor or not.
Thanks

Howdy. From state of Indiana in the USA.
Been reading this site for a long time. (Roughly 2010) Dreaming of going to Africa for long time.
Wife won free room and board trip from a outfitter in south Africa, from a NRA banquet. So we heading next year.
Plan on bow and rifle hunting. Figured I finally sign up and get a little serious about the planning of it. Debating on taking my suppressor or not.
Thanks
Welcome aboard. Good thing you are happily married. With that user name I don't think you'd have much luck on the dating sites (insert wink emoji).

Lots of us here to help with your planning. I used my PH's rifle with suppressor for a couple of animals. They are truly remarkable but I don't want one. Two bulky for my style of hunting. You are lucky to have your mate along for this adventure. My late wife would have loved it.

Welcome aboard. Good thing you are happily married. With that user name I don't think you'd have much luck on the dating sites (insert wink emoji).

Lots of us here to help with your planning. I used my PH's rifle with suppressor for a couple of animals. They are truly remarkable but I don't want one. Two bulky for my style of hunting. You are lucky to have your mate along for this adventure. My late wife would have loved it.

Thanks.
Having a wife that like to shoot, fish, hunt is very nice. Reason why I choose her. She also know what all my stuff cost and has bought me guns.
My screen name is from how I walk. Nickname I got over 22 years ago.

Welcome to AH!!

Thanks.
Having a wife that like to shoot, fish, hunt is very nice. Reason why I choose her. She also know what all my stuff cost and has bought me guns.
My screen name is from how I walk. Nickname I got over 22 years ago.
Sir, you are a lucky man! My wife is a better fisherman than me and understands my gun portfolio. Plan a great expedition, travel and hunt with your bride. Capture the memories.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Welcome aboard and congratulations to both. Where in South Africa are you going, and do you have any idea what animals to hunt? Good luck and hope to read your hunt report.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.

Welcome to AH!

Good day! Welcome!

Hello limpy88,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

In the African countries where hunting is common, not all but many lodges and camps have decent rifles to rent.
Lately in said countries, suppressors are becoming more common on them as well.
However, I strongly recommend enquiring of your chosen safari company, all the details of their rifle or rifles, well in advance before deciding to rent one.

For archery tackle, a very few outfits have it but most do not.
One of my sons is an avid archer (see picture below).
While in transit, passing through England to Namibia, British Airlines stole his bow case, with all his expensive tackle in it.
The outfit I work for knew someone at another Namibian hunting outfit.
That Saintly fellow (Erense van der Merwe), loaned him all the necessary tackle, free of charge.
My son was lucky.
Doubly lucky actually, as upon returning home to the USA, British Air then suddenly found his bow case and shipped it to him.

I have never had anything stolen or damaged while traveling to anywhere, including multiple times to Africa.
Nonetheless, I’ve quit bringing my pet rifle when travel plans include international destinations.
This, especially when having to fly on British Air, through London Heathrow Airport (London Thieves Row Airport).

The renting of one’s sporting goods is definitely not a good fit for everyone but, it works for me well enough, as I like to travel light (very light).
Deciding to rent a rifle was not easy for me, as I am a rifle enthusiast.
Someone once said, “You only go hunting so you have an excuse to own some excellent rifles”.:ROFLMAO:

Likewise, years before my decision to just rent rifles, my wife had already decided that renting dive gear was superior to lugging all our heavy + large scuba kit & kaboodle, hither thither and yon as well.
She’s a lot smarter than me (not that I’m any high water mark for intellect).:unsure:

Anyway, glad you joined and I look forward to reading the details of your hunt report, whenever you get the time to post it.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Attachments

• IMG_9380.png
    IMG_9380.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome to AH

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH limpy88!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquieLon

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.