How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

I'm sitting in a box blind until dark this evening. Hopefully I'll see another doe to put in the freezer.

Nothing for me so far, however I'm having a great season anyway. I have witnessed so far this fall a good buddy's wife shoot her first moose and my brother shoot his first mule deer. Now, only a little over an hour ago, I was blessed to watch my better half shoot her first big game animal ever...a nice young whitetail buck. She worked really hard this summer and fall the get her Firearm Safety and Hunter Education and when the time came today she was calm and collected and made a perfect shot with my T/C 243! Very proud of her!

image.jpg

Couple selfie! Lol.

image-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took a nice doe with my 1976 M-77 in .243 Win.

image.jpeg

956334A3-4EF7-4673-8852-77CA0A9234ED.jpeg

Kansas archery buck last Tuesday morning.
FBBCDBE7-3E2D-4999-BAC0-69D9D1ABD011.jpeg

Five limits of ducks this morning, what a great day duck hunting, they put on a hell of a show for us just before shooting light. If we wouldn’t have taken so long to warm the guns up we would have been done by 7:30! I am pretty sure somebody took all the shot out of my shells while I slept last night! Lol
05A2AA9D-BFE9-4FE3-AB74-E0AC9DE0D3FC.jpeg

image.jpeg

First day of Pennsylvania buck season done. Nothing to show for it. That doe with the microphone in front of it looks familiar...

Finally got to take my other favorite client out (my daughter)!!!!

44EEA3FA-1F4C-4020-B8AE-C3AF262B3B83.jpeg
342A4B8C-5ED9-402E-BFED-828791B4707C.jpeg

Outstanding gizmo, she is a trooper! You done well raising her. They are the future of our sport. Thank you!

I got to go home for two days for thanksgiving (school let me go for longer but work wanted me back Friday afternoon) and was able to sit a deer stand with my dad for Kansas bow season. We couldn't see to the North or East, but the west was a nice view overlooking a green wheat field that had always been productive for us. Unfortunately there was a strong southern wind that pretty well alerted anything coming from the north. We could hear them moving around in our blind spot occasionally but they would wind us and take off before coming out in the open. As a result we didn't see anything Wednesday but a coyote who stayed well out of bow range :mad:, but Thursday just before it was time to go in for thanksgiving dinner a large herd including a true monster came out. I got the first shot last year, so this time it is dad's turn, and he nails it, perfect double lung broadside at 25 yards. He takes off for three solid bounds and drops to move no more.
upload_2017-11-29_13-12-53.png

He may be the fattest squirrel in the woods, weighing a little over 3 lbs. And yes, he was served along with the turkey, wrapped in bacon and grilled. Hope y'all enjoyed the laugh, when deer season is limited by school you learn to take joy in the little things, like a frustrated father shooting a squirrel.

Squirrel is some delicious meat, and a darned sight harder to hit than a deer. Eat well and be happy.

Management deer in south Texas, off to NM Friday for my oldest boys mule deer hunt!

889A179B-7773-4353-88A3-2DCC95C0F2B3.jpeg

Sh*t, that's a management buck??? I'd shoot him any day, every day!!! :D:D:D:D Congrats!!!!!

....yeah manage to get him on the wall!

Reactions: CEO
Glad someone has culls like that.

Sh*t, that's a management buck??? I'd shoot him any day, every day!!! :D:D:D:D Congrats!!!!!
Yes sir, me too! Damn fine management of a low fence property. It is hard not to drop the pin on the big deer that call that place home.
Cheers,
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlendaMccl

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!