Hiya! From Texas

Phillbilly_hunts

New member
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
7
Location
Dallas, Texas
Hunted
United States
Good morning everyone,

I have been in love with all things Africa since I was a kid. My Dad was a history teacher and introduced me to Safari’s accidentally in trying to educate me onhis favorite president, Teddy Roosevelt. From that point on I was hooked.

I have been in love with Rifles almost as long. I love big bore doubles and bolts.

Mostly hunt pigs here in Texas as we seem to have just a few running around .

I have be reading through quite a few different threads looking for information for an up coming project I am hoping to start next summer. Looking forward to being apart of this community and learning tons from you all.

thanks for letting me in.
 
Welcome to AH Phillbilly_hunts! Glad you found us. Enjoy exploring the site and looking forward to your participation.
 
Welcome aboard Phillbilly_hunts. I see that your avatar concerns a 404 Jeffery. Do you own one? I never heard of that caliber till I joined AH. Now I own two of them. I'm afraid that they are a bit too much gun for pigs though. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? What part of Texas are you from? What kind of "project" are you contemplating?
 
Welcome aboard!
 
I have become infatuated with the 404 and that is the project I mentioned. I hope to either convert another rifle or build one starting next summer.

Due to financial issues a few years ago I am down to one rifle which is a Marlin 336 in 30-30 made sometime between 1964 and 66.

At this time I don’t reload, but that is on my list of things to remedy as soon as I can. Especially with the 404 in the future.

I live in the DFW area and hunt public land for the most part.
 
Forgot to mention that I am purchasing a bow this coming summer and plan to hunt pigs with it as well. Planning on using Grizzlystik system.
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Giday Phillbilly_hunts and welcome to the A H forums where all manner of guns and hunting addictions are catered for
 
Phillbilly_hunts, welcome to the AH forum! I grew up in the country (at least it was country then) north of Fort Worth. Near Marine Creek Lake. A great place for a kid to grow up back in the day!
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to AH Phillbilly_hunts! Glad you found us. Enjoy exploring the site and looking forward to your participation.

Thank you for t welcome. I was wondering if there was a bow hunting section? I have searched through several but I haven’t run across one. If not, no worries. Would bow hunting shares and questions be allowed? (I know firearms are the primary mean of take on here.) TIA
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Thank you for t welcome. I was wondering if there was a bow hunting section? I have searched through several but I haven’t run across one. If not, no worries. Would bow hunting shares and questions be allowed? (I know firearms are the primary mean of take on here.) TIA

apparently I am just blind. I found it. Never mind.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,571,984
Members
169,472
Latest member
RichelleAh
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top