Hello!

Matheus_Pereira

Reaction score
Hello everyone, good morning/night, all right?I'm from Brazil and haven't done a hunt in Africa yet, but I like to study about it,I wonder if there is any requirement besides being of legal age and knowing English to take the PH course? And I'm sorry for any mistake in my English
And sorry if I ended up putting this message in the wrong thread

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH! Your English is just fine. I believe the PH school in South Africa is open to anyone who can pay the tuition. @BRICKBURN would know the answer to that question. Having said that, if your intention is to be a licensed PH in South Africa and if I remember correctly you must be a citizen of the country to get your license. There are other countries such as Tanzania that allow foreigners to PH however.

Hello everyone, good morning/night, all right?I'm from Brazil and haven't done a hunt in Africa yet, but I like to study about it,I wonder if there is any requirement besides being of legal age and knowing English to take the PH course? And I'm sorry for any mistake in my English
And sorry if I ended up putting this message in the wrong thread

Pick your school (there are several) , pay your fees, English or Afrikaans is required. Go to the classes, study hard, take the tests and pass.
Then you'll have to deal with the government and an Outfitter to get access to a position.

There are plenty of threads on AH, on the subject. Do a search.

Good luck.

In my book both English and Afrikaans need to be learned if you are not fluent in both.

On both my hunts in South Africa none of the trackers that I had with me spoke much more than a few words of English, and I am sure that is the same way with most.

Welcome to AH Matheus_Pereira!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Hello Matheus_Pereira,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Good Luck with your quest to become a PH in Africa.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to this great forum!

welcome welcome welcome

Thank's for all replys, Im Very busy with my course in this month but i trying to get a time to Reading more about this Topic in the forum

I can't imagine being a PH and not speaking Afrikans. That's how they communicate with trackers and property owners. Interesting that my PH now has a tracker from Zimbabwe who does not speak Afrikans or Soza (?) but speaks English fairly well. I like it very much because I'm no longer the odd man out during their strategy discussions when we're stalking. Most of the other trackers have little or no command of English language ... or sometimes they pretend to have no command. :D

Your Brazilian Portuguese language, although slightly different than the other Portuguese, might make Mozambique a better option to work as a PH apprentice. And if Angola ever opens up……….

Your Brazilian Portuguese language, although slightly different than the other Portuguese, might make Mozambique a better option to work as a PH apprentice. And if Angola ever opens up……….
If there's even any game left in Angola. From what I'm reading, that seems unlikely. What a mess!

A sua língua portuguesa brasileira, embora ligeiramente diferente dos outros portugueses, pode tornar Moçambique uma melhor opção para trabalhar como aprendiz de PH. E se Angola alguma vez se abrir……….
Yes haha, the Brazilian portuguese is Very different than others, I'll do a reserch about this schools in mozambique

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.