Hello from Zimbabwe

ConradG

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to hunting but I've had a passion for the out doors since i was a sprog.

I do a lot of target shooting, and reload all my own ammo.

I also fish as often as is reasonably possible... to fill in the gaps of course for when i'm not shooting or doing other things that pay for my guns/ammo/fishing habit!

As a relatively new hunter, I have a big learning curve ahead in terms of practical on the ground advice from people who have much more experience.

And in fact what led me to this site was a google search on the efficiency and ethics of using a 6.5 Lapua for hunting plains game.

ConradG, welcome to the AH forum! Do you saltwater fish, or freshwater? Any good pictures of tiger fish? They’re on my bucket list to catch.

Welcome in the best forum.
PAMWE CHETE

Welcome to AH ConradG!

Giday Conrad and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome aboard ConradG.

Welcome ConradG. You’ve come to the right place for info on hunting Africa. I hope to get back to Zimbabwe sometime.

welcome there are many years of hunting experiance that can help here on forums

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! I guess your 6.5 lapua will soon have dual use, hunting plus target shooting?

Hi Conrad, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

I'm fairly new to hunting but I've had a passion for the out doors since i was a sprog.

I do a lot of target shooting, and reload all my own ammo.

I also fish as often as is reasonably possible... to fill in the gaps of course for when i'm not shooting or doing other things that pay for my guns/ammo/fishing habit!

As a relatively new hunter, I have a big learning curve ahead in terms of practical on the ground advice from people who have much more experience.

And in fact what led me to this site was a google search on the efficiency and ethics of using a 6.5 Lapua for hunting plains game.

Hello ConradG,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

ConradG, welcome to the AH forum! Do you saltwater fish, or freshwater? Any good pictures of tiger fish? They’re on my bucket list to catch.

Hi Ridgewalker, no saltwater fishing done yet, thats on my bucket list, that and Goliath Tiger, but I mostly do bass fishing.

Welcome! I guess your 6.5 lapua will soon have dual use, hunting plus target shooting?

It has now!, it was built as a CHASA rifle, but i got to hunt with it, using Barnes TSX 130g bullets, and it performed flawlessly.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, looking forward to learning and being a part of the community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg