Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Hello all!!!! I'm brand new to this forum. I've been hunting in North Ameica for over 28 years. I've hunted white tail deer, mule deer, pheasant, turkey, quail, grouse, elk (missed a 5x5 bull), and done my share of varming hunting as well. I also love to fish the clear waters of South Florida chasing after dolphin & tuna. I'm married with a great and extremely understanding wife. I have two kids, my son is 26 and my daughter 25. My son follow my steps and joined the US Air Force, and my daughter is studying to be a teacher.

I'm planning on going to Africa for my 50th birthday, and my wife will be tagging along to take pictures, and probably shop! LOL.

I'm happy to be here, and you'll be hearing from me asking question as I get serious with my trip.

Welcome to AH PARA45! Glad to have you as part of our community. Feel free to ask any questions. How far away is your trip?

Hi Para45,

Welcome to the world of AfricaHunting.com , lots of hunters here & lots to gather too. May you have a great African Safari !!!!

Monish

South Florida here too. Maybe we can get together sometimes and talk hunting, guns, shoot some hogs or clay birds.
Welcome.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

Tarawa;

Where in South Florida are you located? Sure enough, I would love to sit and talk hunts/guns, etc! Thanks for the offer.

Jerome:

I'm looking at possibly going in 2012/2013, I turn 50 in 2012. This will give me enough time to save up some $$$$ for the hunt/airfare, etc, etc. Most likely I would like to go to South Africa. So far I have not given too much thought on which species to hunt; but for sure a Kudu. Obviously, I’ll have to plan this well, and stay within my budget. LOL

This will be my choice:

1. Kudu
2. Blue Wildebeest
3. Gemsbuck
4. Impala
5. Warthog
6. and for your wife - Zebra

only my choice...

cheers

Patrick

Hi Para 45
Welcome to the forum.
Cheers
Louis van Bergen

We have about the same wish list. I have been on this site for the past six months or so and can not wait until my first African hunt. I hope I can talk my wife into going as well since this is a large investment. If I can get my Chief CFO (lol) onboard then I am more likely to get a second hunt once she sees how great it can be, not that I am trying to game the system before I even get my first hunt (lol). I am looking at going to Namibia at first and an outfitter within a decent distance to Windhoek so my wife can shop also (very important). I am a contractor working in Germany so Windhoek is a direct flight from Frankfurt.

I wish you the best of luck.
Steve

PARA45 ~ Welcome to AH.com! I hope you enjoy the planning of your first safari and I'm sure you'll find helpful answers to all of your questions. Africa is a great destination to take your wife with plenty of photo opportunities and of course much shopping to be done!

Per our PM, when I am working near you (about two months a year), we be partime neighbors . And during the rest of the year we are only 2 hours away. I am 5 minutes from a management area, so you can always come up and beat the bush for a hog or something.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

Tarawa;

Where in South Florida are you located? Sure enough, I would love to sit and talk hunts/guns, etc! Thanks for the offer.

Jerome:

I'm looking at possibly going in 2012/2013, I turn 50 in 2012. This will give me enough time to save up some $$$$ for the hunt/airfare, etc, etc. Most likely I would like to go to South Africa. So far I have not given too much thought on which species to hunt; but for sure a Kudu. Obviously, I’ll have to plan this well, and stay within my budget. LOL

That is a special birthday present which you will enjoy.

Hey Para45,

welcome to the forum. You will find all the info you need on planning your trip on AH. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask me at anytime will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg