Hello from Oklahoma

ethanhollowell

Reaction score
This was my first trip to the Triple S Wildlife Ranch near Calvin Oklahoma. The experience has been one of the most enjoyable hunts ever. My guide Norm and I headed out into the 3000 acres of woods, flat land, hills and valleys of southeast OK. I've wanted a trophy Axis deer forever. We covered a large area hoping to spot one of the trophy Axis bucks. My guide knew all the right spots to find the Axis, and we saw lots of animals. We ran into numerous Axis does and smaller bucks but had not seen any huge bucks as of yet. As we were glassing a large pasture area, there he was grazing just off the large lake behind the lodge. Just what I was looking for a huge Axis Buck in velvet. I got down on one knee took aim and made the shot. The deer ran off to his left just behind a bush. I wanted to move to another postion but my guide whispered in my ear to be patient. Just then, that Axis buck came out on the other side of the bush, I took aim and nailed him again in the shoulder. He ran about 30 yds and down he went for good. What a hunt! Great people and lots of game at the SSS ranch. Check out their website Oklahoma Hunting Ranch OK Hunt Exotics.

Welcome Ethan. Please share some of your pictures here.

Welcome to AH ethanhollowell! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Welcome to the forum, ethanhollowell !

Welcome to AH! Deff would love to see some pics!

Welcome to AH ethanhollowell! Great Cap lets see some pics to go with it.

Welcome ethanhollowell! Enjoy the site and posts.

Dear ethanhollowell
Welcome to this Forum. Thank you for sharing your hunting experience with us. Feel free to participate in points of discussion and share your views.
Namibian greetings from Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg