Hello from Oklahoma

• Thread starter Deleted member 53080
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 53080

I grew up reading capstick and corbett. I’ve always had an on again/ off again fascination with Africa. It is currently on and I plan for it to remain so. I recently started planning for a trip (slowly but surely) to the dark continent. More than likely a plains game hunt to start out with due to budget/inexperience.

Welcome to our forum. Most of us, certainly me, started our African hunt planning the same as you. Enjoy your time spent planning and learning!

I grew up reading capstick and corbett. I’ve always had an on again/ off again fascination with Africa. It is currently on and I plan for it to remain so. I recently started planning for a trip (slowly but surely) to the dark continent. More than likely a plains game hunt to start out with due to budget/inexperience.

Hello Wishfulthinker580,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I am +1 with Mr. sierraone.
IE: Enjoy your time planning it is definitely part of the fun.
Don’t be rushed into which outfit to book with.
Take it easy as you go and look at plenty of what individual Safari Companies have to offer.

Also, somewhere in the forum is a thread regarding what to ask a safari company that you are considering sending your hard earned deposit to.
After doing all this homework, no doubt you will want to hunt with free range / no-game-fence Khomas lol.

Seriously, look at many safari outfits and ask questions.
As the saying goes, “The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask”.
Pretty much everyone here in the AH Forum will help you sort things out, especially those who have hunted as clients in Africa multiple times.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard Wishfulthinker580. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted previously, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. What species of PG are you thinking about for your first trip?

Giday and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH

Plains game is the perfect way to start. The list of plains game is big and you can slowly tick of that list till you feel you feel you have enough experience.

Its all about your introduction to African hunting. Do your home work on outfitters and get the ons you feel comfortable with.

Its not just about pulling the trigger. But the entire experience that comes with it. I always say that when you sit back and look at the trophy. It should be a reminder of the entire hunt and story. it should take you back to that moment your heart rate spiked getting onto those sticks.

But im sure you will find a wealth of info here. And everybody is here to help answer questions.

im sure you will have a fantastic time planning and then also doing your first hunt in the dark continent.

You just took a huge leap forward by visiting AH. Have fun planning. Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH! Enjoy the planning phase!

Gday

welcome to AH! Glad to see another Sooner on here. (from the northern part)

Welcome to AH!

Thanks everyone.

I grew up in your general Oklahoma hunting environment, whitetail deer, wild hogs etc.. To be honest I haven’t been too much of a hunter in the past despite growing up around hunters in a rural area. I’ve always been fascinated with species I can’t hunt at home. I do not reload at the moment. I own a few guns you would typically see .22, .410 and so on. I do have a Winchester .32 wcf my grandfather left me.

Last month I ordered a Mauser M12 in 9.3x62. I would like to go after eland, nyala, gemsbok, and a waterbuck just to name a few.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Wishfulthinker580!

Last month I ordered a Mauser M12 in 9.3x62. I would like to go after eland, nyala, gemsbok, and a waterbuck just to name a few.

Hi nice choice in rifle and calibre....where you looking to hunt...from your list looks like SA....?....

Welcome to AH! As you research the numerous hunting outfitters available, if you have any questions regarding JKO Safaris please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg