Hello from Oklahoma City

bkoenke83

Reaction score
Media
Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm preparing for my first Plains Game hunt next May with my dad and brother in law. This trip is to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We will be hunting with Kuche Safaris in South Africa. I will be hunting with a Christensen Mesa in 300 Win-Mag shooting Federal Premium loaded with 180 grain Swift Siricco II bullets. I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with the fire dot duplex. As of now the plan is for Warthog, Gemsbuck, Impala, and Red Hartebest. I have been browsing this site for some time and figured I should just go ahead and join. I'm looking forward to more discussions and input from the group.

Giday bkoenke83. Welcome to the A H forums

Welcome welcome welcome

Brian, welcome to the AH forum! You are going to have a grand adventure with your dad and brother-in-law!
Don’t forget to practice off of sticks! Scenario: you will be walking behind your PH with your rifle slung. Suddenly your PH sets up the sticks in front of you and waves you up pointing at your game. You rest your rifle on the sticks finding the spot on the trophy to be in your scope. You release the safety and squeeze the trigger. All this in about a 5 second window. If you take longer, it’s likely the trophy has moved and the chase starts again.
Best of luck!

Welcome aboard!

Hello bkoenke83,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

PS:
And ya, I’m +1 with what Ridgewalker described.
That said, if Murphy’s Law is about …. once in a great while = only about a 3 second window. LoL

Welcome to AH Brian! Looking forward to your contribution.

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm preparing for my first Plains Game hunt next May with my dad and brother in law. This trip is to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We will be hunting with Kuche Safaris in South Africa. I will be hunting with a Christensen Mesa in 300 Win-Mag shooting Federal Premium loaded with 180 grain Swift Siricco II bullets. I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with the fire dot duplex. As of now the plan is for Warthog, Gemsbuck, Impala, and Red Hartebest. I have been browsing this site for some time and figured I should just go ahead and join. I'm looking forward to more discussions and input from the group.
Welcome to AH. What a grad way to celebrate a milestone birthday with family. Enjoy the trip and all the planning.

Welcome to AH!

Boomer Sooner also from Oklahoma head over for my first soon also. again welcome!

Welcome Brian.

Welcome to the dark side, you have joined the best site for information on hunting Africa. Lots of knowledgeable people here that are a great resource for planning a safari.

Welcome to Africa Hunting, may you have hours of fun here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg