Hello from Oklahoma City

bkoenke83

New member
Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
16
Location
Oklahoma City
Media
3
Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm preparing for my first Plains Game hunt next May with my dad and brother in law. This trip is to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We will be hunting with Kuche Safaris in South Africa. I will be hunting with a Christensen Mesa in 300 Win-Mag shooting Federal Premium loaded with 180 grain Swift Siricco II bullets. I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with the fire dot duplex. As of now the plan is for Warthog, Gemsbuck, Impala, and Red Hartebest. I have been browsing this site for some time and figured I should just go ahead and join. I'm looking forward to more discussions and input from the group.
 
Giday bkoenke83. Welcome to the A H forums
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Brian, welcome to the AH forum! You are going to have a grand adventure with your dad and brother-in-law!
Don’t forget to practice off of sticks! Scenario: you will be walking behind your PH with your rifle slung. Suddenly your PH sets up the sticks in front of you and waves you up pointing at your game. You rest your rifle on the sticks finding the spot on the trophy to be in your scope. You release the safety and squeeze the trigger. All this in about a 5 second window. If you take longer, it’s likely the trophy has moved and the chase starts again.
Best of luck!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Hello bkoenke83,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

PS:
And ya, I’m +1 with what Ridgewalker described.
That said, if Murphy’s Law is about …. once in a great while = only about a 3 second window. LoL
 
Welcome to AH Brian! Looking forward to your contribution.
 
Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm preparing for my first Plains Game hunt next May with my dad and brother in law. This trip is to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We will be hunting with Kuche Safaris in South Africa. I will be hunting with a Christensen Mesa in 300 Win-Mag shooting Federal Premium loaded with 180 grain Swift Siricco II bullets. I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with the fire dot duplex. As of now the plan is for Warthog, Gemsbuck, Impala, and Red Hartebest. I have been browsing this site for some time and figured I should just go ahead and join. I'm looking forward to more discussions and input from the group.
Welcome to AH. What a grad way to celebrate a milestone birthday with family. Enjoy the trip and all the planning.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Boomer Sooner also from Oklahoma head over for my first soon also. again welcome!
 
Welcome Brian.
 
Welcome to the dark side, you have joined the best site for information on hunting Africa. Lots of knowledgeable people here that are a great resource for planning a safari.
 
Welcome to Africa Hunting, may you have hours of fun here.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,828
Members
169,624
Latest member
hp66social1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top