Hello from Montana

Colt Henderson

Reaction score
I've been around here for a few months now, figured I should make an account and ask some questions. I'm from north central Montana, and like big guns. I hunt gophers mostly, and do a little elk hunting in the fall. One of these years I will get to Africa but it might be a while. My favorite rifles, other than the next one, would be my model 70, 375 H&H, and a 600 nitro made by Little Sharps Rifle company of Big Sandy Mt. If you have some reload data for both those rounds I would love to hear it.

IMG_20230501_101348864_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210516_134845887.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Colt Henderson,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia , welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare moment, take a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

:S Welcome:

Giday Colt and welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome to AH Colt Henderson! Nice to have you join the posting side.

Welcome to AH!

Glad you joined in. Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Hello and welcome!

Good morning and welcome from northern lower Michigan!

I've been around here for a few months now, figured I should make an account and ask some questions. I'm from north central Montana, and like big guns. I hunt gophers mostly, and do a little elk hunting in the fall. One of these years I will get to Africa but it might be a while. My favorite rifles, other than the next one, would be my model 70, 375 H&H, and a 600 nitro made by Little Sharps Rifle company of Big Sandy Mt. If you have some reload data for both those rounds I would love to hear it.

View attachment 536399View attachment 536400

Welcome to AH! My M70 .375HH shoots 300gr pills quite well when backed with IMR4350. With Swift A-Frames, the load is actually above maximum. I'll have to let you take it from there.

With 250gr pills, the rifle likes H4895 behind them.

Welcome from a fellow Montanan

Welcome to AH.
In the .375 try WW748 powder with a 300gr Barnes TSX. Start with 70gr and work up To 75gr.
I think you need to upgrade to a .700 NE for prairie dogs. There was something left.

Welcome!

Now I miss the Thursday night ribs in White Sulphur Springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiamahi

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.