Hello from central Texas!

koodoo62

AH senior member
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
93
Reaction score
193
Location
Central Texas
Media
1
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
I have been a lurker on this site for many years and finally decided to join. I have hunted southern africa (RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique) with my wife many times. Our next safari is scheduled for August 2020. Keeping my fingers crossed!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH koodoo62! Glad you decided to join the posting side and looking forward to your contribution.
 
Greetings koodoo62. Tell us a little about your hunts and your taste in rifles.
 
I grew up on a ranch in South Texas (Frio county) and still hunt birds and whitetails and pigs there. We have hunted in southern Africa for over 15 years and hopefully will be going on our 14th safari in August. Have taken most of the plains game (including an over 60 inch greater kudu). I need a lion and an elephant to complete the big 5 (my lion hunt is scheduled in August). Working on the tiny 10 (need a red duiker, suni, and Damaraland dik-dik). I have a congenital disease-my father loved old model 70s and he passed that affliction to me. I use my fathers 30-06 and have added a pre-64 .375 H&H for Africa.
 
Welcome to AH koodoo62. My better half is from Abilene. I'd love to see a photo of your Kudu. BTW your father passed on a very helpful congenital disease. I wasn't quite that lucky.
 
Welcome to the posting side.

Perhaps a hunting tale or two with some photos???
 
Here you go. May 2017. On the Rance ranch on the Kei river in the Eastern Cape. Rocky country, lots of big kudu, good buff. Great folks. My outfitter was John X, PH was Ed Wilson. All great people.

IMG_1606.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from another Texan. Thanks for the picture of a beautiful Kudu.
 
Giday koodoo62 and welcome to the A H forums
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to the dark side, will be watching for a hunt story or two...
 
Welcome, I am just a short 1 hour drive away from Frio County.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome koodoo62!
 
koodoo62, welcome to the AH forum! Awesome kudu! It appears to me you have lots of Africa adventures you need to share with us just to give us something to keep the excitement going until Africa opens back up!:whistle:;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,670
Members
169,602
Latest member
EvaOliva6
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top