Hello from Australia

BlueFlyer

AH fanatic
Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Messages
675
Reaction score
1,657
Location
Down under
Media
1
Hunted
Australia & New Zealand
Hi
I have been hunting since I could walk. It started with rabbits and has progressed from there. I am a rifle hunter and most of my rifles are custom builds. That is where my passion is.
I have a number of Martinis in 22Hornet, 222Rimmed, 45/70, 45/100 and the current build is 416/348Ackley Improved.
There are 2 Enfields the P17 is in 280AI and the P14 is 9.3X64Brenneke.
A recent build was a 243AI on an Omark 44 action.
I am also currently building a 416 WSM on a Siamese Mauser.
I have my own workshop and try to do as much of the work on the rifles as I can.
Recently with supply shortages and the trying to get projectiles for he 416s I have made up dies to start forming jackets and ultimately bullets from 1/2" copper tube. Starting from 1/2" I draw down to .458 and then draw down to .416. Cores are cast to suit either calibre. I soon realised the limitations of the RockChucker press so have built my own swaging press based on the Cast Boolit V2 design.
I love shed time as much as hunting.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Greetings BlueFlyer,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I too am a rifle enthusiast, especially the
The Pattern 17 Enfield action is excellent (Pattern 14 as well).
Great minds think alike.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH BlueFlyer!
 
WOW, what an intro. Looking forward to more stories (and photos) of your rifles and projects, there is a lot to share.
This is a great forum as you already probably know and a swag of Aussies who visit from time to time. I am one and based in Darwin. So G'day and welcome (y)
 
The Pattern 17 Enfield action is excellent (Pattern 14 as well).
Hi Velo Dog.
Yes they are great actions, but mine are a little underutilised as you can fit any cartridge you want in it.
The P14 was a problem to get it to feed the 9.3X64Brenneke. With a plain box it would feed most of the time, but not always which is not what you need if it gets hectic.
The final solution was to fit a Schultz & Larsen “L” 3-round magazine. With a bit of work, you just open the hinged floorplate slide in the magazine, closing the floor plate clamps the magazine in, and no one would know.
 
Welcome aboard BlueFlyer. We have a lot of Aussies on the site, do you know any of them? When you get time, haw about showing us some of the game you've taken?
 
Welcome! Enjoy the site!
 
Welcome to AH! Let us know if you have any questions...
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome, I'm in Canberra.
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH.

+1 on encouraging you to show us your custom firearms.
 
G’day from Australia.
 
Good day! Welcome from our side too!
Best regards
Johan
 
Welcome to AH, you must have great skills to attempt such projects!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,232
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top