Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
U.S., South Africa
Hello all,

I’ve been stalking AH for quite some time now, and figured I’d better just join!

I’m from Alaska and primarily hunt moose, caribou, bear, and small game. I hunted Africa for the first time last year (PG in the Eastern Cape) and am hooked. I mostly hunt with a .338 Win. Mag., but recently purchased a Guide Gun in .375 Ruger (which I’d love to take with me on my next trip to Africa).

welcome frog from a fellow alaskan! there is lots to learn on this site.

Welcome to AH Frog Morton! Glad to have join the conversation.

Welcome to AH.
Share your hunt report when you get a chance.

Welcome Frog Morton to AH! Looking forward to you sharing your hunts!

Welcome! I'm from Anchorage too and also went to the East Cape last fall.

Welcome to our place Frog. A never ending source of information to be found here.

Welcome to AH sir. That guide gun will open up the world of DG hunting.
Hope you will share some pictures of your last hunt.

Hi frog, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Frog!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Frog! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome aboard!

Glad to have ya Froggie;)

Welcome aboard Frog Morton. Now that you are shouldering a little more horsepower what is on the docket for your next hunt? I would be remiss if I didn't remind you that the story and photos from your first hunt are in order. There a number of Alaskan AH members, do you know any of them? Whereabouts in Alaska do you live?

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! I don't have my next African hunt specifically planned out yet, but would like to go again next year or the year after, and hopefully add a buffalo, hippo, or a cat to the bag. I figured it'd be smart to get as much practice in with my new rifle as possible before then, though. I'm also planning on using it for moose and bear up here in Alaska (where that 20" barrel and light weight will definitely come in handy!).

I'll see what I can do about putting together a hunt report and some pictures!

I live near Wasilla, which is just a little ways north of Anchorage. As far as I'm aware, the only AH member I know is Mac Baren, who, coincidentally enough, also happens to be my brother. . . .

Hello all,

I’ve been stalking AH for quite some time now, and figured I’d better just join!

I’m from Alaska and primarily hunt moose, caribou, bear, and small game. I hunted Africa for the first time last year (PG in the Eastern Cape) and am hooked. I mostly hunt with a .338 Win. Mag., but recently purchased a Guide Gun in .375 Ruger (which I’d love to take with me on my next trip to Africa).
Welcome Frog Morton - have you considered Namibia for your next African adventure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg