Hello from Alaska

longtimealaskan

New member
Joined
Jan 21, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
15
Location
Alaska
Media
3
I accidentally found this site and decided to join since it looks like an interesting site. I've lived in Alaska for almost 45 years. I came here in early 1974 and did environmental studies during the construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline. I've hunted moose, caribou, Dall sheep, mountain goats, and Sitka black tail deer, along with small game spruce grouse, ptarmigan, snowshoe hares, ducks and geese. I've never considered going to Africa to hunt although I do have a Remington Model 700 .375 H&H Safari grade rifle. I bought it after a bear swiped my moose but it has never been fired. I thought it would be fun to hear the stories of folks that have hunted Africa.
 
Welcome to AH longtimealaskan! Glad you found us even if it was accidental... ;) I'm certain you'll enjoy exploring the site.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome.

Nice Ram.
 
Hello and Welcome!
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Welcome to AH:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome longtimealaskan to AH! It sounds like you’ve had some excellent adventures in Alaska!
 
Welcome, you are very fortunate to live in a great place
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Thank all of you for your warm welcome. I've looked at some of the videos and other photos. I particularly liked the photo of the cougar sleeping in the tree, something I'm not likely to see here in Alaska. Not only would it be a bit to chilly but the mosquitoes would be having a picnic.
 
Hello longtimealaskan,

And, welcome to the greatest forum on earth.
What part of the Greatland do you live in ?
I’ve lived in Los Anchorage most of my adult life.
So, if you either live here in the big city as well or, if you ever visit the big city, please do look me up.

You can either PM me via the forum message feature or, my contact information is shown at the end of all my postings.
(If you’re using an I-Phone however, you have to turn it on it’s side for my regular contact info to pop up).

Best regards,
Paul.
 
Welcome to our forum longtimealaskan. As a 45 year resident of Alaska, you already have many hunting stories to share with us!
 
Welcome, sounds like you've been living the dream many of us have.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,179
Members
169,916
Latest member
MagaretMon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top