Hello AH

inkonkoni

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique
Hello everyone. I'm happy to join the AH Family.

Been doing loads of reading over the years on AH

Biltong hunter by nature and my favourite rifle is and old Blundee Mauser in 93x62.

Picked up the nickname a few years ago on Mkuze Ranch and it seems to have stuck

Happy hunting and shoot straight
Inkonkoni

Inkonkoni, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to some pictures and a report on your biltong hunts! Sadly not my favorite treat in Africa. My old teeth have troubles chewing it...LOL!

Hello and welcome!

Inkonkoni, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to some pictures and a report on your biltong hunts! Sadly not my favorite treat in Africa. My old teeth have troubles chewing it...LOL!

I'm looking forward to the next few, this year however I have not had the good fortune to hunt yet! Will post reports as the hunts come!

Inkonkoni

Wishing you a very warm welcome , Inkonkoni . You will fit right in , amongst us . The 9.3x62 mm Mauser calibre is a personal favorite of mine . Is your Mauser a Type A sporter or a Type B sporter ?

My favorite factory load for the 9.3x62 mm Mauser is the 286 grain Nosler Partition soft nose . What is yours ?
E2D5AEDF-C683-441B-BB7F-F559861B39C4.jpeg

This hard earned trophy of mine was the work of a 9.3x62 mm Mauser ( an early pattern BRNO ZKK - 600 ) and the aforementioned factory load .

Last edited:
Welcome to AH!

Wishing you a very warm welcome , Inkonkoni . You will fit right in , amongst us . The 9.3x62 mm Mauser calibre is a personal favorite of mine . Is your Mauser a Type A sporter or a Type B sporter ?

My favorite factory load for the 9.3x62 mm Mauser is the 286 grain Nosler Partition soft nose . What is yours ?

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

My 93x62 is a commercial mauser action manufactured in 1920 according to stamps on the action. Unfortunately I have very little history on the rifle. It was a rifle I bought out of my grandfathers estate and no one in the family seems to know mutch about it. None that is poke to even knew he had the rifle.

My pet load currently is 270 Speer Hot Core bullet running at +/- 2250fps. I don't buy mutch factory ammunition as I rather enjoy the experience of reloading. I have only ever had problems with the load when the man behind the gun did not do his bit.

Beautiful trophy! I don't keep very many as most of my hunts are for meat and biltong... but some good ones do deserve a place on the wall!

Happy Hunting and shoot straight!
Inkonkoni

Welcome to AH, glad to see you decided to join in.

Welcome to AH, glad to see you decided to join in.

Thank you very much!

I look forward to making a useful contribution!

Shoot Straight
Inkonkoni

Welcome to AH inkonkoni! Glad to have you on the posting side.

Hello inkonkoni,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Giday Inkonkoni and welcome to the A H forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg