Greetings from Virginia

William M Durham

Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA, Germany
Have been an avid hunter since the age of 8 years old in Alabama, have hunted in many different States, LA, PA, Ala, Va,, Colo, and hunter in Germany for 8 great years. Missed my only chance to hunt Africa while I was in Germany because of security clearance and the perceived security threat of a trip there. Was all set to go but Military stopped me, really sad, Wanted to hunt only one thing, Buffalo, black death, really sorry I missed my chance. Read extensively and watch every African film,video I can get. Still hunting and fishing here in Virginia at age 69. Love hunting with my 375 H&H Mag in a Sako carbine full stock and my 257 Weatherby mag. I am going to try to go to Carolina this spring/summer and hunt for wild boar, getting old but still love the rush I get from the hunt, not the kill.

Welcome to AH sir! Your it’s not to late to realize your African dream hunt.

It's not too late to still go, just finished mounting a cape buffalo for a guy who was 86 when he made the hunt!

Welcome to AH William! Enjoy exploring the site...

Hello and welcome!

Have been an avid hunter since the age of 8 years old in Alabama, have hunted in many different States, LA, PA, Ala, Va,, Colo, and hunter in Germany for 8 great years. Missed my only chance to hunt Africa while I was in Germany because of security clearance and the perceived security threat of a trip there. Was all set to go but Military stopped me, really sad, Wanted to hunt only one thing, Buffalo, black death, really sorry I missed my chance. Read extensively and watch every African film,video I can get. Still hunting and fishing here in Virginia at age 69. Love hunting with my 375 H&H Mag in a Sako carbine full stock and my 257 Weatherby mag. I am going to try to go to Carolina this spring/summer and hunt for wild boar, getting old but still love the rush I get from the hunt, not the kill.

Welcome to AH! Spent some great years to the west of you in Blacksburg. I do hope you'll plan a trip to Africa soon!

Welcome to AH.

Glad to hear you are still out hunting.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH! By the way there are several of us in our 70s here who are still going to Africa. Please consider it because you will always regret you didn’t go.

Welcome aboard! You're 69? If your health is reasonably well, and the funds are there, no reason to NOT go! South Africa is a great first time hunting venue. I would venture to say there are many outfitters that are well suited to, ahem, an older hunter . :)

Welcome aboard! You're 69? If your health is reasonably well, and the funds are there, no reason to NOT go! South Africa is a great first time hunting venue. I would venture to say there are many outfitters that are well suited to, ahem, an older hunter . :)
I am same age and went two and a half years ago. Would do it again in a heartbeat! I hope you can find your way to it. Lots of folks here like South Africa. I must say Zambia is the wildest place I have ever been, and I am glad I ended up there. Incredible adventure!

Welcome to AH William !

Go and fulfill that dream, you are not much older than myself, was there last year and planning the next one ;)

hello from a fellow Virginian and 69 also. I have a spring bear hunt in Alaska in May, Tanzania for buffalo in Sept. One advantage to being older, it's probably easier to afford these hunts. Hope you can still make an African safari before you give up hunting.

Go on that safari, live that dream.

Welcome William, don't wait too long. I'm going to be 75 in August, my second trip is booked for July. Your 375 H&H Mag. will certainly get the job done. Hunting Africa is like nothing you've ever done. Keep reading the posts on AH and you will find yourself going sooner rather than later. When the "bug" bites you, there is only one cure.

Welcome to AH William!
Glad you joined in.

Welcome to the family William!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg