Greetings Everyone

Jeff 907

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2019
Messages
272
Reaction score
922
Location
Wasilla
Media
8
Hunted
USA, Namibia, South Africa
Hello,
I’m Jeff and I live in Alaska. Came across this site while trying to find answers for hunting in Africa. The wife and I completed our first safari in Namibia last year and are now planning our second. This time in South Africa. We loved Namibia and hope South Africa is as fun and beautiful.
 
You have found the most authorative place for all things Africa Hunting. Welcome to our place @Jeff 907
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Welcome! It's great site.
 
Good luck planning your next adventure.
Welcome to AH.
 
Howdy! Enjoy AH!
 
Welcome aboard Jeff907. Seems to me that I remember another AH member living is Wasilla. Perhaps you know each other. What animals did you take on your first safari? Just for practice you can post the story and photos from your first African venture. What is on the menu for your second trip?
 
Welcome to AH Jeff! Glad you found us.
 
Welcome aboard Jeff907. Seems to me that I remember another AH member living is Wasilla. Perhaps you know each other. What animals did you take on your first safari? Just for practice you can post the story and photos from your first African venture. What is on the menu for your second trip?

Not sure if I've met them. We've talked to several people at banquets and gun shows. Most have been to Africa a few times. I ended up taking 10 all together. They were; kudu, impala, gemsbok, springbok, steenbok, red hartebeest, warthog, blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, and brown hyena. Right now on the menu for South Africa are; cape buffalo, golden wildebeest, king wildbeest, all springboks, kudu, and a zebra. Not sure which zebra just yet. Right now I'm still deciding what firearm to take. Most likely I'll be bringing two, especially if I pick up something in the .40 caliber range. Outside my .45-70 my largest rifle is .375 H&H push feed. I'm still debating on picking up a CR .375 H&H or a .458 Lott.
 
Jeff, while you are looking a calibers .4" and up, take a good look at the 404 Jeffery. I currently own two of them and couldn't be happier. BTW I also own a 416 Rigby. I took two rifles on both of my Safaris. A good 375 CRF rifle will compliment your .4 + bore perfectly.
 
Welcome to AH, sounds like you have a plan.
 
Jeff, while you are looking a calibers .4" and up, take a good look at the 404 Jeffery. I currently own two of them and couldn't be happier. BTW I also own a 416 Rigby. I took two rifles on both of my Safaris. A good 375 CRF rifle will compliment your .4 + bore perfectly.

The main reason I’m looking at the .458 Lott is that a Montana Rifle is available on gun broker now. I should mention I shoot lefty so options don’t come often. Within my price range, anyways
 
Hello Jeff,

One fellow Alaskan to another, Welcome to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Paul.
 
Jeff, it just so happens that The Montana Rifle Co makes the 404 Jeffery. Give them a shout to see if it is available in a Left Hand configuration.
 
Hello,
I’m Jeff and I live in Alaska. Came across this site while trying to find answers for hunting in Africa. The wife and I completed our first safari in Namibia last year and are now planning our second. This time in South Africa. We loved Namibia and hope South Africa is as fun and beautiful.

Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, Jeff !
 
Welcome Jeff to AH! I’ve been to/through Wasilla 3-4 times while in Alaska. It has changed quite a lot in the last 20+ years.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,029
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top