Good Evening

Welcome to the posting side.
Enjoy your planning.

Welcome to AH!

Good evening,
Name is Ron, and I'm from the Olympic Peninsula. I've been on and off of here for the last couple years. Decided to join due to a new job that doesn't involve living in a steel tube under water and should get me back in Africa in a couple years. Been killing my own food since before I can remember, more from the ocean than anywhere else.

I went to Africa for a week about 10 years ago to settle my father in law's affairs and was able to get someone to loan me a 25-06 and killed a wart hog and a springbok. Looking forward to having the opportunity to go after more antelope and plains game.

Looking forward to continuing the conversations.

Ron Jones
Welcome to AH

Noyb72, since you mentioned a liking for small ring Mausers, do you have an 1896 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser? That has been my go- to rifle for Deer and Hog sized game for the past 25 years. I have 4 that are still in Military guise but a bunch more that have been Sporterized. I've found them to be soft on my shoulder and extremely accurate.

Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site! If there is anything we can do for you please contact us.

Shootist 43,
I have one Swedish Mauser, a Gustav 96. It is in military condition with the exception of being put into a Ramline stock about 15 years ago. It is my son's go to rifle although he does not use it often. I have basically convinced myself to by him a 308 Savage Axis or some such and build the Mauser out with better sights. Love that cartridge and the gun.

Welcome, @noyb72. Thank you for joining, good luck with your planning. Let us know if you have questions.

Hello noyb72,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH! Lots of great people here!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross