G'Day from Down Under

BB340

New member
Joined
Mar 18, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
16
Location
NSW Australia
Member of
SCI, SCI Down Under
Hi Guys and Gals, I was recommended to join this site as it was said there are a great bunch of polite and knowledgeable people on here.
I have only hunted South Africa twice. First time for Lion, Lioness, Cape Kudu, Springbok, Black & Blue Wildebeest and Waterbuck back in 2014.
Then again last year for Cape Buffalo, Nyala, Impala, Duiker, Bushbuck and baboons.
Next trip will be somewhere for Hippo and Croc or Leopard. Plus more plains game.
Cheers.
 
G’day mate, welcome!
 
Giday and welcome to our place
 
Welcome to AH BB340! Hope we live up to the reputation... :sneaky: Looking forward to having you on the board.
 
Welcome to AH,
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome BB340 to AH! It sounds like you’ve been on some great hunts! Looking forward to your input.
 
Story! Story!
 
Welcome BB340 to AH! It sounds like you’ve been on some great hunts! Looking forward to your input.


Thanks Ridgewalker. I have had a couple of great hunts in SA. Have quite a few more in the woodworks to do yet too.
I have heard good things about this site so glad to be aboard.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome and please contribute
 
Welcome, would like to read a report or two and some pictures from your previous safaris.
 
Welcome aboard BB340. Somebody steered you straight. Obviously you don't need help planning your first safari but there are a lot hunting and shooting related questions that get addressed on AH. Take a look at the Forums to see if they contain any items of specific interest to you. If someone asks a question that you can help with jump right in with answers. While we don't always agree with peoples opinions and or preferences and at times some spirited discussions take place, that is the nature of the beast. What you don't see are attacks on personal character. You won't find a better website that discusses rifles, hunting shooting, reloading, optics etc. What do you hunt in Australia? What kind and caliber rifles do you own?
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome aboard BB340. Somebody steered you straight. Obviously you don't need help planning your first safari but there are a lot hunting and shooting related questions that get addressed on AH. Take a look at the Forums to see if they contain any items of specific interest to you. If someone asks a question that you can help with jump right in with answers. While we don't always agree with peoples opinions and or preferences and at times some spirited discussions take place, that is the nature of the beast. What you don't see are attacks on personal character. You won't find a better website that discusses rifles, hunting shooting, reloading, optics etc. What do you hunt in Australia? What kind and caliber rifles do you own?


Thanks for the welcome. Well down here I hunt our usual feral game, as in rabbits, foxes, pigs and feral goats are my all time favourite critter to hunt. Have shot a few fallow deer but I am not much of a deer hunter. They don't really do it for me...
I have shot a few water buffalo which are great fun. Also have shot one nice banteng. My other favourite game animal are scrub bulls. Also known as clean skins of feral ox. These wild cattle are very elusive and can be rather nasty at times.
I am a lover of all makes and models of rifles. But my favourite brand is Weatherby followed by Sako. I use a variety of calibers from .17 air rifle all the way up thru to .460 Wby, which I love to use.
 
Welcome BB-340
.257
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,743
Members
169,406
Latest member
TheresaR90
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top