Free Range "Wild Africa" hunt?

TxHunter55

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Where in Africa can you still go for a fully free range hunt. I recently hunted South Africa, it was my first experience in Africa and while it was a great experience it left me wanting more. What state would you recommend for a complete fair chase PG hunt or specific Cape Buffalo hunt. Want more of an authentic Hemingway experience, not looking for 4 or 5 star lodge type hunt. Wanting to be out all day chasing animals with the real possibility of seeing other DG. Being able to sit around a camp fire at night and hearing Lion and/or Hyaena off in the distance. What would you recommend for an area to be transported back 100 years ago and hunt Africa with no restrictions?

For plainsgame Kaokoland in NW Namibia is as wild as I’ve seen, hardly any changes from 100 years ago. I added my photos to this thread. I’ve been to other areas in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Cameroon but I wouldn’t say you’ve been transported back 100 years. I’d really like to see areas in Mozambique delta. From all descriptions I’ve read it fits everything you’re looking for as well.

I would second Mozambique. I have I only been to KZN in South Africa and Mozambique and I cannot recommend Western Safaris in Mozambique highly enough. Their area is totally wild and I have total confidence in the family running it and the fantastic work they are doing for the wildlife and local community. Also they are superb company, so time flies by with them. I imagine being in a remote camp could be painful, if you weren't with such competent and good humoured people. We were only hunting plains game but in an area with plenty of dangerous game.

The Caprivi. Hunted there last year. Saw lots of game to include hippos, crocs, buffalo, elephant. Heard lions at night, had hippos in camp at night. Saw lots of plains game.

I would recommend Mozambique too. Hunted Coutada 10 with Marromeau Safaris. Anton Smit PH. Truly wild place with many buffalo and unbelievable amount of plains game. I have been twice and plan on going back in a few years with my brother.

I would recommend Mozambique too. Hunted Coutada 10 with Marromeau Safaris. Anton Smit PH. Truly wild place with many buffalo and unbelievable amount of plains game. I have been twice and plan on going back in a few years with my brother.
I dream about going back to Coutada 10, I was there in 2014.

Good Day Sir

Glad and good to hear you enjoyed your first experience in South Africa.

Tsala Safaris would be able to help you with exactly what you are looking for in our area in Mozambique for buffalo.

You are most welcome to contact me.

Regards

Rouan

Good morning
The world renowned matetsi safari area is wild, untouched by people and fences and the region has one of the highest elephant populations in Africa.

I can offer a full bag
Elephant
Lion
Leopard
Buffalo
Roan
Hippo
Croc variety of natural plains game

Drop me a message and I’ll send the 2023 discounted full bag rate

regards
Martin

Where in Africa can you still go for a fully free range hunt. I recently hunted South Africa, it was my first experience in Africa and while it was a great experience it left me wanting more. What state would you recommend for a complete fair chase PG hunt or specific Cape Buffalo hunt. Want more of an authentic Hemingway experience, not looking for 4 or 5 star lodge type hunt. Wanting to be out all day chasing animals with the real possibility of seeing other DG. Being able to sit around a camp fire at night and hearing Lion and/or Hyaena off in the distance. What would you recommend for an area to be transported back 100 years ago and hunt Africa with no restrictions?
There are areas in luangwa valley in Zambia that would be pretty much what you’re looking for.

some have built structure accommodations. Some tents and some are grass thatch built accommodations (my personal favourite).

Hallo we have a concession in Kaokoland, Damaraland, 1 million free range hunting, no fences.

Should you be interested make contact with us through email info@leopardlegend.com

Landscape.JPG
Springbuck copy.JPG
Zebra copy.JPG

Morning
We at Mbalabala safaris can offer you free range hunting in Zimbabwe makuti safari area is totally free range loads of buffalo.please contact me on lindonstanton@yahoo.com
If you would like me to send you an offer.

Lin Stanton

The Niassa special reserve ticks all these boxes.
A big game rich area,
Crocs
Hippo’s
Hyena
Leopard
Lion
Elephant
Buffalo
Will be heard and seen virtually on the daily.
What makes it utterly unique is the abundance of plainsgame too, few true dangerous game areas have great numbers of plains game and even more so unique species like our block and the others located in the Niassa Special Reserve.
Feel free to give me a shout to experience this incredible area.

Rest assured that we have many many references available that’ll be more than willing to echo what I have described herein!
My very best always.
Jaco!

There are areas in luangwa valley in Zambia that would be pretty much what you’re looking for.

some have built structure accommodations. Some tents and some are grass thatch built accommodations (my personal favourite).

I agree with Pete. I flew into the upper Luangwa in 2013. It is one of the more remote areas left in Africa.

There are a lot of asks in your post. You would want to be in a true safari area. I would recommend Zimbabwe unless you have unlimited budget then Tanzania.
You can also get most of what you are wanting in a CAMPFIRE area in Zimbabwe as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchelMcE

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!